happens to me sometimes...
if the weather is terrible, or if i'm having a really bad day.
i seem to notice that my tempo is off when i play, or my vibrato is really terribly executed.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
yeah, if i'm happy+hyper, I'll play lots of fast pop punk
mad+hyper= deathcore
upset/sorrow=bluesy
upset yet a little hopeful=jazzy
mad=metalcore/brootz
happy=pop punk
hyper=fast punk

eh, its just me though. if i'm feeling an emotion that doesn't normally line up with that above chart, i cant really accomplish the style i'm trying for very easily.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I know it'll affect what I play. I don't know if it affects how I play, though it does definitely affect how I think I'm playing.
If I'm having a rather crappy day, I seem to tend more towards clean tones, using more of the minor chords, just because they reflect how I feel, sometimes using some blues scales and arpegiating chords for that solemn effect. If I'm feeling angry, crank up the gain and mids, and rock that shit out. Heavy power-chord based riffs, followed by big bends to release that energy and then a choppy and bad (but I don't care as I'm angry) solo, good for getting rid of my anger as I'm trying to concentrate. If I'm particularily happy, I could come up with a nice catchy chord sequence or sturmming pattern, or a nice cheerful riff. So yeah, it effects it alot, seeing as alot of the time I improvise or write my own songs, barely ever play other people's music
I play better when I'm angry for whatever reason
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Of course it does, just like mood affects everyone's skills.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
You Play what you feel myfren
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay
I tend to play the opposite of how I feel . . . or perhaps in response to something that happened that day that really affected me, e.g. I saw Requiem For A Dream and then wrote a goofy swing tune.
Quote by robhc
I know it'll affect what I play. I don't know if it affects how I play, though it does definitely affect how I think I'm playing.

I couldn't have put it any better.
Yes, my mood does effect my playing/ If im happy or excited ill usually play pretty accurate and be able to come up with sweet riffs and solos.

If im in a shitty mood, i usually like to play slower stuff or ill just play badly cuz im not focusing so much on the guitar but whatever is making me in a shitty mood.
Yea, I find it a lot harder to stay relaxed when im stressed out. I tend to either play a lot heavier stuff when im pissed off, or ill play somethin really mellow to try and calm me down, depends

Sometimes I just gotta put the guitar down when im really stressed
my mood generally stays the same 24/7 but when im in a bad mood i play heavy metal/speed metal and just shred anything even if it doesnt make sense
definetly has something on me.
shitty days i usually play for 6 minutes and go off doing something else :/
Gear

Academy Electric Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by kian89
Does Your Mood Affect your Guitar Play?

You, of all people, have no place to question another person's use of grammar and language.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i feel that when im in a bad mood sometimes i do play like shit cause i dont concentrate as much as i should.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Quote by schwinginbatman
Typically when I'm in a bad mood, my playing is very soulless and forced, it seems that I play the best metal and blues when I'm happy.

Same, i play such aggressive, heartless metal when in a bad mood.
I play best when I'm in a really emotional state because I get my feelings into my playing.. I get play with more vibrato and bends/slides/hammer-ons/-offs when I am thinking about my girl, and I play slower, heavier riffs when I'm in a bad mood. If I'm just hyper I don't play worth shit. I sound like a ****in greenday wannabe on PCP.
If i truly belive it van get me somehwere i do my best if i get annoyed at it i start to fail and + i dont know much yet im a beginner but yes it does affect me..
Pissed off: bad playing
Anxious: trying out somthing a little difrent
Happy:playing things i already know to an alright standard (thats my alright standard)
Quote by DavidBuchanan
If I'm just hyper I don't play worth shit. I sound like a ****in greenday wannabe on PCP.

LMAOOO thats so true hahh
Gear

Academy Electric Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
The biggest thing that affects my playing is whether I'm able to lock in mentally, or if the white noise in my head from all the stuff going on during the day is too much to focus well. Usually, I'm able to put the white noise aside and just forget about it, but not always. If I'm having a bad day, I'll sometimes just practice some useful fragments over and over since I'm not feeling creative.
I just end up playing sad chords/arrangements. helps though cause I usually end up making more ideas for the whole piece
Hmm.
I've never done gigging/live performance/concerts.
Whats the feeling you get?
And what if you're in a bad mood, would you have a horrible performance?

but theres this thing I heard where when you're gigging/concerting, no matter what mood you're in, you'll always feel great..? :S
Gear

Academy Electric Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30