Ok so I'm looking for a new head. I play an 8 string RGA-8 ibanez. I've never owned a tube amp and I'm ready to shift over to the other side lol. Anywho I've been researching for a good metal amp and I'm torn between the peavey 3120, and the peavey 6505. Now let me know what you think of either and if you like another brand please speak up. I'm open minded
For Metal you'd want the 6505. Of course you could save up a few hundred more and get a Mesa single rec.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Sep 1, 2010,
6505+
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by phlip999
It depends, what type of Metal music are you playing?

Mostly progressive. Lot of sweeping and tapping. I would compare it to veil of Maya or the human abstract.
Quote by mattyshred
Mostly progressive. Lot of sweeping and tapping. I would compare it to veil of Maya or the human abstract.

Then the 6505 would be a great choice. Try it out first, though.
Quote by TheDefected
6505 hands down. From what I understand the 3210 is a three channel amp, more suited for hard rock than metal. Unless that's your kinda thing.

No. They are both equally capable of doing metal.

I'd go for a used Ultra Plus instead, OP, same amp for alot less money.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
No. They are both equally capable of doing metal.

I'd go for a used Ultra Plus instead, OP, same amp for alot less money.

I like saving money. But I've never heard of ultra plus. Looks like I've got to do some research.
I've heard good things about the Ultra. But if you're sticking closely to metal/high gain tones than the 6505 is definitely the better choice. If you want more versatility and better cleans than the 3120 would be the better choice. I would try both/look into the Ultra as well though.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE