Page 1 of 2
I'm just wondering what you guy's feelings on this is. The basic idea is that the gods of ancient mythology, and many of the angels in Christian theology were aliens that were misunderstood by our ancestors.

I think it's an interesting idea, I doubt that it's true. It wouldn't make sense for them to cease living as gods if they were at one time, but many of the theory supporters say they're around still watching us.

I guess I find the theory interesting in the same way that I find a lot of fiction interesting. I don't take it completely serious, but it's a pretty cool idea.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Yes it is. It would certainly make all the religious people go "Well shit, we were right. In a way. Sort of suck it, athiests!"

Refer to Halo for a "God is an astronaut" theory turned into a game.
Quote by daytripper75
So where are they now? Hiding?

Or dead. Or on another planet. Or we are them.

Kind of weird to think about.
Quote by daytripper75

Apparently so, that's the problem I have with it. I mean, they say the UFO sitings are them observing us, but if these aliens would pretend to be gods, they clearly have huge egos, so if they're that egotistical, why wouldn't they continue ruling over us lowly humans?
Apparently, that means according to a programme call Ancient Aliens on the History channel, there are old paintings with flying saucers on them. Also there have been UFOs sightings for millenia which were attributed to being possible alien encounters.
You got this from Stargate SG-1 then?
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by btones
Or dead. Or on another planet. Or we are them.

Kind of weird to think about.

Forerunner?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by tayroar
Apparently so, that's the problem I have with it. I mean, they say the UFO sitings are them observing us, but if these aliens would pretend to be gods, they clearly have huge egos, so if they're that egotistical, why wouldn't they continue ruling over us lowly humans?

They don't fancy themselves gods, supposedly that's just how we interpreted them.

Fun to think about

^Humans aren't forerunners, they were just chosen by them (and they could have evolved along similar lines).

/halo nerd
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Last edited by CG Man16 at Sep 1, 2010,
Quote by br33dlove
Apparently, that means according to a programme call Ancient Aliens on the History channel, there are old paintings with flying saucers on them. Also there have been UFOs sightings for millenia which were attributed to being possible alien encounters.

That's what I'm watching now. I've seen it a ton of times before, but there was really nothing else on. See those paintings could be anything though, even stars that were just painted really badly, or maybe the artist was just drunk and wanted to paint something weird on his canvas.
I wonder what they look like though.

It's strange, I've always had this feeling like I was being watched, like everything that happened..Happened by some intervention of sorts. Who knows from what, could just be random luck for good things.
Quote by smartalec007
Forerunner?

Yeah in a sense, thats what I can relate the idea to. But there is no possible way to really prove that. There's that whole "God created us in his image" snippet from the bible, so maybe we were all created by aliens that looked like us A bit of a whimsical idea, but its fun to think about.
Quote by daytripper75

Damn Reapers man...
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
What if they have time travel in the future and don't want to come back, because of what will happen in 2012, and then they will come back after that!?
It really seems unlikely honestly. The chance that an alien life form would even be remotely similar to any creatures on this planet is rather low. I also doubt they would pretend to be gods. They would probably have no idea about the concept of "gods."

We always assume that aliens would be like us in some way. Perhaps in the way they see the universe or the way they understand things. I feel like this is actually rather unlikely. So the chance that we would understand an alien species, or that they would understand us is rather low. So they probably wouldn't pretend to be gods, because they wouldn't understand what gods were.
I think it's much more plausible than "God" as every religion sees him.
Quote by daytripper75
It really seems unlikely honestly. The chance that an alien life form would even be remotely similar to any creatures on this planet is rather low. I also doubt they would pretend to be gods. They would probably have no idea about the concept of "gods."

We always assume that aliens would be like us in some way. Perhaps in the way they see the universe or the way they understand things. I feel like this is actually rather unlikely. So the chance that we would understand an alien species, or that they would understand us is rather low. So they probably wouldn't pretend to be gods, because they wouldn't understand what gods were.

I don't know, I'm sure the concept of a god isn't that hard to come by, I mean it's unlikely they'd say god, but I would think any intelligent being would ask how I got here, and try to explain the world to themselves, and that's really where the idea of a god came from.
Quote by tayroar
I don't know, I'm sure the concept of a god isn't that hard to come by, I mean it's unlikely they'd say god, but I would think any intelligent being would ask how I got here, and try to explain the world to themselves, and that's really where the idea of a god came from.

If they have the technology to reach us, then I doubt they'd believe in something that couldn't be observed.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by tayroar

If they are inspiration for gods then they for sure are ruling over us.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by tayroar

You assume they think the same way we do though. They might not. They might have an entirely different view of the universe than us. What if they exist in more than 3 dimensions? Perhaps they are 4 dimensional, and we can only see part of them.

Quote by CG Man16
If they have the technology to reach us, then I doubt they'd believe in something that couldn't be observed.

Just because they know of something doesn't mean they believe in it. Also, just because there are smarter sects of a society doesn't mean there wouldn't be people who still follow faith. I guarantee you that if we develop Warp Drives (which they are being developed) there will still be religious groups. Religion is politically convenient, and it will never go away.
It sounded like a great theory until they raped it on the history channel with all their crazy hoopla b/s
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by daytripper75

Well right, one of the points tayroar is making is that we project the idea of them having Godhood onto them, not the other way around.

At most, they probably dropped some knowledge off and left.
There's an excellent History Channel documentary on this, it brought up some good points, and some things that are hard to explain by "earthly" means. The main book in this theory is called Chariot of the Gods.

Such as i remember them saying that theres some place in South America that has massive slabs, cut so percisely that today we would have to user lasers, and that how could anything but massive machinery put these giant slabs in place. I guess its way mmore impressive than the Pyramids of Giza they said (which is a whole other mystery too). The only thing that could have cut these rocks back then would have been diamonds, which were thousands of miles away.

There were also some nifty facts/calculations in it about the Pyramids of Giza. That they are the exact center of the Earth, they are facing exactly at north south east and west corresponding to the globe, and the god it was built after's name has same with someone in the bible who rode a burning chariot to the heavens and whose name translates to extraterrestrial. The calculation they said that made me scratch my head was if evidence says they were built in 20 years then each rock would have had an average of 9 seconds to cut and place.

It was an interesting documentary, don't quote me on accuracy of those last paragraphs tho, those r just similar things i remember them saying.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by TSmitty6
There's an excellent History Channel documentary on this, it brought up some good points, and some things that are hard to explain by "earthly" means. The main book in this theory is called Chariot of the Gods.

Such as i remember them saying that theres some place in South America that has massive slabs, cut so percisely that today we would have to user lasers, and that how could anything but massive machinery put these giant slabs in place. I guess its way mmore impressive than the Pyramids of Giza they said (which is a whole other mystery too). The only thing that could have cut these rocks back then would have been diamonds, which were thousands of miles away.

There were also some nifty facts/calculations in it about the Pyramids of Giza. That they are the exact center of the Earth, they are facing exactly at north south east and west corresponding to the globe, and the god it was built after's name has same with someone in the bible who rode a burning chariot to the heavens and whose name translates to extraterrestrial. The calculation they said that made me scratch my head was if evidence says they were built in 20 years then each rock would have had an average of 9 seconds to cut and place.

It was an interesting documentary, don't quote me on accuracy of those last paragraphs tho, those r just similar things i remember them saying.

I totally forgot about all of that.

Yeah the pyramids are something else. Also that rock quarry in South America had me scratching my head as well. Back in our older days, humans got a lot more shit moved around but I doubt they did all that easily.
Quote by daytripper75
You assume they think the same way we do though. They might not. They might have an entirely different view of the universe than us. What if they exist in more than 3 dimensions? Perhaps they are 4 dimensional, and we can only see part of them.

So what if they think in an alien manner, just by observing them at all it could influence those silly prehistoric buggers.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by sg255
So what if they think in an alien manner, just by observing them at all it could influence those silly prehistoric buggers.

That really does put the story of Abraham in a new light though.

Yahweh the alien:"Guys, he thinks I created the universe...what do I say?"
Yahweh's asshole friend:"Damn, man, you gotta mess with him."
Yahweh:"Urm what? I'm not sure I'm comfortable-"
Friend:"Tell him to kill his son."
Yahweh:"What?! That's horrible!"
Friend:"No man, you can have him stop or something, but you should see if he'd actually do it."
Yahwehthinking about it, and starts to giggle to himself)"Okay, man. Hey! Abraham, I'm gonna need you to sacrifice your son for me."
Quote by severed-metal
I wonder what they look like though.

It's strange, I've always had this feeling like I was being watched, like everything that happened..Happened by some intervention of sorts. Who knows from what, could just be random luck for good things.

They look like this

Seriously guys. Watch Stargate SG-1. All will be explained.

Also, this is Thor:
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
If the ancient astronaut theory is correct, then we can be sure that they didn't want us to know they were here because they left no real tangible evidence, and if some people do suspect that they did exist, that means a race with technology far beyond anything we can even imagine couldn't even manage to cover its track properly, and that seems unlikely.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."

Not if they're wildly different from us...

These aliens might not be able to talk. They might have other forms of communication (changing colors, touch, etc). They might be able to communicate through smell or taste. Hell, they could have senses that are completely different than sight, touch, taste, smell, or hearing. They could have evolved other ways to perceive the world. All our senses really are are ways to interpret different stimuli and understand our environment. They could have wildly different culture.. They might not even have what we call culture. They could be different from us in every single way possible. We might not even be able to tell that they're alive. They could look like rocks, but have some kind of ability to influence the landscape around them to construct cities.

They could look like this:
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
I disagree with aliens being vastly different from us. I'd think that any planet with life and enough light would eventually evolve a life form with some sort of eye. That's assuming they're even made of the same shit as we are, and if we're not i assume they're not worth talking to. It's like some guy whose name i forget said. "If a lion could speak english, you couldn't understand him"

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Yeah I was always curious about some sort of explanation for those ancient hieroglyphs of spaceships and space men; whether they are real, modern forgeries, or just really crappy carvings and such. Then there are all these unexplained and mysterious artifacts such as the Dropa Stones of the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains, the Coso Artifact, those grooved spheres in South Africa, The Antikythera mechanism, the Voynich Manuscript, the oddly shaped skulls of the Starchild Project, and the list goes on and on with plenty of strange artifacts where the manufacturing technology does not match up with the time in which they are believed to have come from. On top of this, a lot of these artifacts seem to go missing suddenly after being brought into the public eye.

It suggests all sorts of different theories of ancient unknown civilizations, highly intelligent beings predating early human life, cover-ups from the government, scientific communities, and religious communities. But with such a thick veil of Maya, its hard to come to any solid conclusion and thus it is best to wait until more dust has lifted on the subject, or perhaps you may even do some of the digging yourself?
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
I disagree with aliens being vastly different from us. I'd think that any planet with life and enough light would eventually evolve a life form with some sort of eye. That's assuming they're even made of the same shit as we are, and if we're not i assume they're not worth talking to. It's like some guy whose name i forget said. "If a lion could speak english, you couldn't understand him"

Life could exist anywhere... Beings living on a brown dwarf would be absolutely foreign to us.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by Isuxdix
blah blah blah Veil of Maya blah blah blah

I HATE THAT BAND
Thats all I remember of your post
Quote by daytripper75

they figure we're too ****ed up for any sort of reasoning so they decided it was best to stay away.

i mean seriously, if aliens came here we would 'try' to attack them because we are like that.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by CG Man16
Life could exist anywhere... Beings living on a brown dwarf would be absolutely foreign to us.

And us foreign to them. I'm assuming that our ancient astronauts would have atleast been biological.

EDIT:You've really got me thinking about this.

Any being from an earth like planets has got to be pretty similar to us, surely. They eye has evolved independently several times here on planet earth and i feel a dolphin has more in common with a fish(aesthetically at least) despite being more closely related to me... This tells me that there is a specific best design that'd eventually occour in any given environment.

So yeah, i should think there are similar aliens out there, that'd probably seek out other organisms similar to their own.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Last edited by Jiggzy.UK at Sep 1, 2010,
Page 1 of 2