http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/1931884303.html

info here if you too lazy to go to link.

Crate Blue Voodoo 60 Amp Head (tube) 300$ Sammy Hagar line of Crate

is this deal good? and what is this amp good for metal, jazz, blues?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Its a pretty sweet head, I owned the 120W version. IMO $300 is too much for one, the 120W versions usually go for around $200-$250.

It can do metal, jazz, and blues; its not really going to do any of them amazingly.
/rig
Quote by mespinos
Its a pretty sweet head, I owned the 120W version. IMO $300 is too much for one, the 120W versions usually go for around $200-$250.

It can do metal, jazz, and blues; its not really going to do any of them amazingly.

Alright thanks! I have no idea why i thought the vodoo was a really good amp :P. Something in my head was making me think it was a amazing amp. So was just checking!
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Its a nice amp, and for the price there's not much that will compete with it. You will most likely need pedals to shape your tone though. For some reason, the hold NO resale value. Its most likely because of the Crate logo on it.

Its the best crate product I've ever played. If you can talk him down to $200 I'd say its a killer deal.
/rig
well i mean my budget is ALOT higher so i want to get something that will make me not regret it.

haha, i dont want a amp that will make me get the tone from pedals rather than the amp it self.

Anyways i'll email him and see how the amp is.

thanks guys
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
lol i got him to go down to 200$. Do you think i should go for it? I was planning on purchasing the dual rec and i'm pretty sure the vodoo doesn't stand a chance but what you guys think?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
The blue voodoo won't touch a dual rec, but for $200 there's not much that will touch a blue voodoo.

If you are willing to spend $900-$1,100 on a head, the BV just won't compete. It just depends on your budget.

$200 is pretty nice though.
/rig
Quote by mespinos
The blue voodoo won't touch a dual rec, but for $200 there's not much that will touch a blue voodoo.

If you are willing to spend $900-$1,100 on a head, the BV just won't compete. It just depends on your budget.

$200 is pretty nice though.

ahh this is lame... haha i cant decide whether to save money or go the dual rec way.

Well i found a dual rec 2 channel or 950$ and i have the money to buy it. so i might as well. Recently i've been having trouble going through with these rectifier deals. One already failed as the guy left town and hasnt replied back... (wonder if he really left). but i'll see if this guy is back in town. He was in dallas when i called him and he told me he would be back in austin mid week so i'll call him tomorrow and see if he is back and then decide from then.

Hopefully i'll get the dual rec. other wise i'll get vodoo or something else.

also check this out

http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/1932088669.html

http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/1924945559.html

i'm leaning more towards the JCM 800 but i want to get the price down.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Last edited by Aashraya at Sep 1, 2010,
That's not too shabby.

I'm not a dual rec kind of guy, but when I had my BV, the other guitar player in my band played a dual rec. It completely dominates the blue voodoo in every aspect.

The marshall VS dual rec is more of "what tone you want" IMO. They're both good amps.
/rig
Quote by mespinos
That's not too shabby.

I'm not a dual rec kind of guy, but when I had my BV, the other guitar player in my band played a dual rec. It completely dominates the blue voodoo in every aspect.

The marshall VS dual rec is more of "what tone you want" IMO. They're both good amps.

ah okay, I guess i'll just see what happens.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by Darkflame
i'd get the blue voodoo anyways, play with it, and if you don't like it, sell it for 400$ =)

isnt the resale value really low? I mean do you think it will sell that fast?

I bought a guitar for 200 and planned to sell it but so far no buyers its been like a month.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit