Page 1 of 2
I've been following this story on the tv for a little while. Seems a little bizarre. This guy, James Lee, held several people hostage and said he had several bombs ready to go off. Apparently he had a huge problem with overpopulation and wanted Discovery to change its programming to not "glorify" the birth of babies.
Police killed him a few hours ago.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38962968/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Thoughts?
Maybe he should get angry at the old people that are surviving. then the population would have no issue.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
There's really not much to say... he's pretty crazy. I've been following this too. I don't think many sane people would agree that childbirth is disgusting and that babies should never be born...
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
lol

heard about this earlier.

Didn't think he'd end up dead.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
My friend found his myspace earlier. His blogs are interesting.

He like, thought that people were overpopulating the planet and that we should stop having babies, to which the only obvious solution is to hold captives at the Discovery channel building.
thats ridiculous. sure the earth as a whole has an overpopulation problem, but thats no reason to hold innocent people hostage.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
What on Earth?!

That guy is krazy, with a k. The Discovery channel is awesome, there is not rational reason why taking people hostage would work.

I hope no one else got injured.
well, its one less person to populate the world
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
So he was killed for holding people hostage in protest of people living?

Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by br33dlove
What on Earth?!

That guy is krazy, with a k. The Discovery channel is awesome, there is not rational reason why taking people hostage would work.

I hope no one else got injured.

Nope. Only the gunman was killed.

His list of demands were really freaky and his method was even freakier. o.O

And now, thanks to him, all the right wing crack pots are probably going to use him as an example and attack on environment protection, evolution and atheism.

Still, very happy that all the hostages are safe & sound.
"He made several references to the novel “My Ishmael” by environmentalist Daniel Quinn, which tells the tale of conversations between a 12-year-girl and a gorilla named Ishmael, who is seeking to hire a student to help save the world. "

that book gonna get banned now
Quote by stepco12345
Nope. Only the gunman was killed.

Good.

Quote by stepco12345
And now, thanks to him, all the right wing crack pots are probably going to use him as an example and attack on environment protection, evolution and atheism. .

Why?!
Quote by br33dlove

Why?!

Because of his ridiculous demands, the things posted on his Myspace (?) and his influences and reasonings. And you know the right media, they're going use him as an example of "the real environmentalist and heathen" and paint the environmentally conscience and pro-science as this type of weirdo just to manufacture their points and agenda.
Bear Grylls would've run in there and f*cked sh*t up if he weren't busy surviving on the moon at the time.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Actually, I've been going over this in my Geography class here at uni. He said he held up the building due to not enough broadcasting of the dangers of population control, right? Well, unfortunately, that programming is catering to the wrong people. In fact, the US and other such "civilised" countries have the lowest birth rates in the world. Wanna know who has the highest? "Third world countries." Some of them are getting more advanced now, so their medicine is actually keeping more kids alive, thus leading to what appears to be overpopulation. But as the population grows, according to Balpus's theory, so does the ability to provide for that population.

In short, this dude was fucking batshit insane.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
umm.... good riddance?
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Has any one else read his website?

''Saving the environment and the remaning species diversity of the planet is now your mindset. Nothing is more important than saving them. The Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels. ''

I have no idea why this made me laugh as hard as it did.
Well, I suppose his death helped the world's overpopulation problem, so...that is pretty neat.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Well there's one less person in the population. I guess that's one step towards his goal.

EDIT: FFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by TK1
thats ridiculous. sure the earth as a whole has an overpopulation problem, but thats no reason to hold innocent people hostage.

He had been protesting outside the building for two years. I find it sad - clearly he saw no results coming from peaceful protests and handing out fliers, so he decided to get drastic, and died because of it.

His ideas didn't sound that crazy or irrational, just not practical. It's too bad things turned out this way - I doubt he would've killed anyone though, or rather, I don't think he planned on killing anyone when he took hostages.
Not too far away from me. My favorite radio station was covering this for most of the day. People are crazy.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
I was hoping that he'd have stepped too close to a window and a sniper popped his head open like a zit.

Fuckin' movies.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Bear Grylls would've run in there and f*cked sh*t up if he weren't busy surviving on the moon at the time.

I didn't know there were hotels on the moon
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
Quote by Steel8909
"He made several references to the novel “My Ishmael” by environmentalist Daniel Quinn, which tells the tale of conversations between a 12-year-girl and a gorilla named Ishmael, who is seeking to hire a student to help save the world. "

that book gonna get banned now

That books gonna get mega sales now
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Would have been better if it was shark week and he was put on it as a diver for punishment

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
déjà vu...

anyway, what a poon. he should have held a maternity ward hostage if he was really that passionate.
At least his motivations were right. Taking hostages wasn't the best way of going about it though... Shame he had to end up dead.
PM me for newts
Kari Byron is ok. That's all that really matters.

Dude's lucky Bear Grylls wasn't around at the time. There wouldn't have even been a hostage situation in that case.
ahahanh this shit is craaazy

how the **** would taking discovery channel hostage solve anything anyways

also, what race is this guy

not that it matters, but the clothign reminds me of kim jong il or something

kinda looks like my uncle also
Quote by Spoony_Bard

that is just an amazing statement
Page 1 of 2