Page 1 of 2
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100901/ap_on_en_tv/eu_britain_top_gear

The Stig's identity is revealed. i felt this was somewhat worthy of discussion due to people often talking about him. discuss all things The Stig

im sure this thread will fail
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
The... Stig?
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Never watched the show, but i think he is a pussy for taking off his mask.
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Wow. One of the best drivers in my opinion. Top Gear fans are probably going apeshiit.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by Article Comment
Why isn't he smiling in the picture? Oh, that's right he is English....probably has green teeth.

lol
Who gives a ****.

"A victory for the freedom of speech."

Pretensious jack ass, there's fun in a little mystery.

Quote by Nomack
Never watched the show, but i think he is a pussy for taking off his mask.

He's gotta eat, sleep, and go about his buisness dude:/

The press just couldn't let it go.
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 1, 2010,
I knew it!
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
You mean...

he hasn't really got a digital face?

I'm not reading the article.

It'd be like killing Santa.
Stupid press.

I had assumed it was Ben Collins though because I had read several things online that hinted that he was the Stig before this article.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

No doubt they'll "kill him off" and get a new Stig, this time in green overalls or some shite
Why would you publish a book revealing that? What a dick...The Stig's awesome.
I've been really getting into Top Gear lately, definitely not clicking that link haha.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by UraniYum
^Agreed. I doubt Collins could have set the FXX lap.

That was Schumacher. It was his car I think
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
That was Schumacher. It was his car I think

This, Ferrari wouldn't let anyone drive an FXX that didn't own the car, as far as I remember, and the black one is definitely Schumacher's.
133 18 9463 8395 24 22 8358 4939
Yeah the FXX lap was Schumacher. Anyway this is retarded, sounds like Mr. Collins just wants to cash in. Top Gear better get a new Stig.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn

Was fun while it lasted. The BBC need to stop bitching though.

And you clearly didn't read the article guys. The publisher said those things - Ben Collins hasn't said anything. And why the hell wouldn't he be able to? Injunctions are such dodgy things, seems dangerous to try and roll them out for bull like this.
and Harper collins are just cashing in on something that was a bit of fun...Really i love how they ruined one of those things that entertained everyone it was a mystery but nah Harper collins has to be dickwipes.

See if there isnt a stig again i will be dissapointed TG wouldnt be the same.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by Razgriz_101
and Harper collins are just cashing in on something that was a bit of fun...Really i love how they ruined one of those things that entertained everyone it was a mystery but nah Harper collins has to be dickwipes.

See if there isnt a stig again i will be dissapointed TG wouldnt be the same.

I don't see how knowing he's Ben Collins changes shit? Will you now be going "Oh, well he's clearly not a wild animal, Jeremy. He's Ben Collins."? The fun was how much they hammed it up. This doesn't make a difference.

You sound like the BBC spokesman.
It's not really news, the media knew years ago, and it was all but confirmed in 2008 with the whole him buying prints of himself debarcle.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

My day is ruined
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
there'll be a new stig anyway. it happened before
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by gabcd86
I don't see how knowing he's Ben Collins changes shit? Will you now be going "Oh, well he's clearly not a wild animal, Jeremy. He's Ben Collins."? The fun was how much they hammed it up. This doesn't make a difference.

You sound like the BBC spokesman.

it just ruins the whole point of the idea behind the stig though :S it was what made the stig, THE stig..the whole mystery and that.Besides from what i know theres a contract clause if your the stig where you tell you get sacked.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by the bartender
there'll be a new stig anyway. it happened before

Yes, but what colour will he be? Green? Brown? Yellow?

████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Damn... this is unfortunate. Hopefully not much changes with the show, though. That would suck some serious shit.
Quote by gabcd86
And why the hell wouldn't he be able to? Injunctions are such dodgy things, seems dangerous to try and roll them out for bull like this.

oh, I don't know. Maybe to protect business assets? To stop others from profiting from your work at your expense?

like it or not, the mysticism was part of the reason why it was so successful.

fifth gear have Tiff Needell and Jason Plato as their test drivers and it's a boring show in comparison.

I think they're just silently switching in a new driver without much fuss. Or at least I assume that's the case as there was a White stig in Germany for a top gear live show while this case has been ongoing.

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.

new stig please.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by Gammas1

I like the idea of a female stig.

Quote by Lemoninfluence
oh, I don't know. Maybe to protect business assets? To stop others from profiting from your work at your expense?

like it or not, the mysticism was part of the reason why it was so successful.

fifth gear have Tiff Needell and Jason Plato as their test drivers and it's a boring show in comparison.

I think they're just silently switching in a new driver without much fuss. Or at least I assume that's the case as there was a White stig in Germany for a top gear live show while this case has been ongoing.

He was the driver.

I think Top Gear is successful because of the presenters, not the Stig.
Quote by gabcd86
He was the driver.

this is true, but he does have a reasonable role in the whole fun of the show .

Quote by Gammas1

Invisible Stig
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Top Gear itself will be just fine without The Stig as long as Jeremy, James and Richard keep doing what they're doing. The Stig was just the icing on the cake
Quote by gabcd86
He was the driver.

And part of the Presenter's arsenal were the stig jokes. He was the purposefully anonymous driver who provided some of the show's comic relief.

The stig i.e. the character, not the driver, was what was important. It (amongst other things) separated top gear from other motoring shows. It was a key part of the brand. His skills weren't the key part of the Stig's success. As long as the same driver went out every week, you could have a reasonable comparison between cars, but the anonymity IS important to the character's success.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
And part of the Presenter's arsenal were the stig jokes. He was the purposefully anonymous driver who provided some of the show's comic relief.

The stig i.e. the character, not the driver, was what was important. It (amongst other things) separated top gear from other motoring shows. It was a key part of the brand. His skills weren't the key part of the Stig's success. As long as the same driver went out every week, you could have a reasonable comparison between cars, but the anonymity IS important to the character's success.

Yeah, and they can just do the same again with a new driver. It's really not a big deal at all.
Page 1 of 2