Yeah, so im new to the insides of my guitar and recently i've been recieving this buzzing noise in my amp then silence. I took out my cable and touched it to metal and it made a noise so it's not the cable or amp. I took apart my guitar (only the part where the chord enters) and i saw that a wire was disconnected. I noticed that it worked when i touched it to the metal tip it was originally connected too so i had my dad strip the plastic tubing on it and i placed it on the metal tip. But this time it didn't make a noise. and i dont have a soldering gun so my only way is to tape it on for now. any help?
If you can't solder, take it to a music store that can (or a friend that can at least)
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
yeah, I think it just needs to be soldered back on properly. The solder will help make the electrical connection.

Read the first few posts of this and post in this thread if you still have questions.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241