Any Canadian here?

I am living at Toronto in Canada.

I found a guitar from a website called 'Music123' today, and I really would like to buy it from here because the price is so touching.

http://www.music123.com/Guitars/Guitar-Value-Packages/Acoustic-Guitar-Value-Packages/PR-4E-Acoustic-Electric-Player-Pack-Natural.site7sku518786000010000.sku

The following link is what I would like to buy, the $199 acoustic-electric guitar pack.

But I am worried to check out in Music123.com, because I have heard that if you order from Canada, there are some hidden fees like UPS brokerage fee, duty fee,,,etc, and also the free shipping won't be applied.
So the actual price will be so expensive which means you don't really save you money but use more.

Is what I have heard true? Some hidden fees or extra charges will be caused separately after I paid original price $199?

Is there anyone in Canada has bough anything in Music123.com??

Please help me out.
You live in Toronto, there's a million music stores around there, dont bother ordering online.
I'm in Toronto as well.
Check out Steve's Music downtown, they have a lot of guitars.
Or if you can head down to Richmondhill, they have a giant Cosmo Music, LOTS of acoustic/electric
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
There are PLENTY of music stores in Toronto and they are often reasonably priced, especially the bigger dealers.

Long and Mcquade, Steve's Music, and LA Music are pretty popular.

LA music has a pretty good website up so you can check out prices before you stop by etc. I find that LA music tends to be a little cheaper than L&M and Steve's.

http://www.lamusic.ca/default.asp
Quote by djak420

But I am worried to check out in Music123.com, because I have heard that if you order from Canada, there are some hidden fees like UPS brokerage fee, duty fee,,,etc, and also the free shipping won't be applied.

First off, contact Music123 with your questions on what will or won't be charged. They can tell you what shipping or other charges there will be. Brokerage and Duty fees are paid cross-border, so you won't have to worry about that. (Unless they do have some real scam going on.)

Regardless, you should take some of the other poster's advice and go to a local store anyway. It's not like you are living in the woods somewhere.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Yeah man.. Toronto is loaded with music stores and pawn shops, no need to go online..

Long and mcquade and steves music have been around forever, you cant go wrong..

There are also a number of Canadian online stores.. axemusic.com for one..

The problems with buying a guitar from the states is simple.. its too big to not get noticed by customs.. most things you buy online can be marked as a gift and you wont pay anything to get them across the border... however, a guitar is almost a sure bet to be stopped.

If it is, you'll have to pay the duty on it.. depending on where it was made, its value etc... there is no telling how much it could be... maybe only the 13% HST, maybe more..
im in canada and if ur in toronto, dont buy online unless you've looked in guitar stores first.
Always Rock!