Guys,

As the American, Canadian and British guys would know, an Airsoft Rifle is basically a BB gun, As most of the Aussie guys know, we arnt allowed to have them, yet they are available over the counter in many toy stores throughout the us and europe.

What i want to know, who here is interested in this fast growing sport? Im not a big fan of paintball, becuase of the associated mess that it causes, yet, find myself more and more attracted to these Airsoft rifles.

Im thinking of getting the essential parts, gearbox/hopper/ electronics sent to me via the intrawebs and building the rest myself from billet aluminium and a cnc machine (love haveing access to cad)

Here are some links for all the Australian members, Please sign the Petition and Download a petetion and get Hand wwritten Signatures.
http://www.milsimaustralia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=106

GO HERE, SIGN IT, PRINT OUT SOME GET YOUR FRIENDS TO SIGN THEM!

BRING THE FUN BACK TO THE AUSTRALIAN PEOPLE!

Last edited by HepIL at Sep 2, 2010,
Protip: Posting a message about your plan to smuggle an illegal weapon into your country is a really bad idea.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
We really should get airsoft legal in Australia. I swear Australia's really strict on everything, we can't even own airsoft guns, so technically Australia's banned toy guns. And I'm pretty sure australias banned more video games then china.
I think it's stupid, australia bans everything, it's so stupid
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
lol you'd think in a country with more deadly creatures per square mile than any other nation you'd at least be allowed to own a toy. The worst that can happen is blinding some one and if they aren't playing with safety glasses maybe they aren't smart enough to have sight.
So why exactly are airsoft guns illegal in Australia? It doesn't click with me, but then again, I'm an American.. I even used to play on a semi-pro team..

So why?
Quote by Axim Bassist
lol you'd think in a country with more deadly creatures per square mile than any other nation you'd at least be allowed to own a toy. The worst that can happen is blinding some one and if they aren't playing with safety glasses maybe they aren't smart enough to have sight.

Or somebody shooting a random person and blinding them
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by stratman7
Because they resemble real guns.

This. Plus we we don't really have a mainstream gun culture, with gun ownership being reasonably regulated. As a result we don't have many gun deaths at all.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
I did not know this till just now

You silly Aussies
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

^I know right, us and our silly responsible ownership. Florida = 11.1 deaths per 100,000, Australia = 2.9 per 100,000 (Nearly all of which are suicides)

EDIT: Actually, the Australian data is really old. It's halved since then.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

Last edited by catempire at Sep 2, 2010,
Quote by catempire
^I know right, us and our silly responsible ownership. Florida = 11.1 deaths per 100,000, Australia = 2.9 per 100,000 (Nearly all of which are suicides)

EDIT: Actually, the Australian data is really old. It's halved since then.

That's nice and all, but I'm talking about the bannination of airsoft guns
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by catempire
This. Plus we we don't really have a mainstream gun culture, with gun ownership being reasonably regulated. As a result we don't have many gun deaths at all.

Thats not entirely true, there is a rather large Gun culture in Australia, with Pig, Rabbit, Kangaroo hunting popular in almost every city within this land.

As for resembling real guns, mhhhm im not too sure on that one, as these are perfectly legal in Australia.

(Invalid img)

Many people agree, hence forth painting them in a regognisable way to distinguish toys from real firearms maybe is the go?

Im not saying they should be legal over the counter, no no no dont get me wrong, thats just enticing bad behaviour, im taking about regulating and seperable licenses for paintball and Airsoft guns, like a Recreational Sport Firearms license or something. a complete seperate licensing system to the actual REAL GUN license in which you obtain now.
Quote by Putrefaction
That's nice and all, but I'm talking about the bannination of airsoft guns

Yeah, I do understand what you mean with the airsoft ones. It might be going a bit far. I only mention the stats because Americans can get pretty wound up about gun rights. I've mentioned Australia's policies on here before and had to drop the same kind of stats because people think it's stupid otherwise. All I can say is that things changed a fair bit after Port Arthur and the idea of guns as 'fun toys' was pushed to the side.
Quote by HepIL
Thats not entirely true, there is a rather large Gun culture in Australia, with Pig, Rabbit, Kangaroo hunting popular in almost every city within this land.

Which is why I said mainstream gun culture. But your suggestion seems like a good one, especially with paintball.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

Last edited by catempire at Sep 2, 2010,
fark i hate martin, gone and goofed us all for enternity.

its been nearly 15 years since that, think its time we relooked our position on recreational/sporting guns, im talking Airsoft and Paintball here, not Sport shooting with real guns.

I have absolutly no intention of owning a real weapon, i just think the idea of heading out to a forest or bushland for a day with some mates, few j's, and a few airsoft guns and equipment would be alot better than sitting at home playing COD in front of the flat screen.