hello all, i need some help.
I have a marshall valvestate, it sounded fine when i first got it, but now it sounds very weird.
it sounds like its playing octaves whenever i hit a note. thats the best way to describe it. its very noticeable I have no idea what the problem could be. this is with just simply guitar to amp, and headphones in my amp.
Volume and settings all still work fine, and it does this in driven and clean. any ideas?
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
sounds like there is a problem with the solid state part of the amp. that could be very difficult to diagnose and repair. i've actually never heard that one before. you could try changing the preamp tube. try your guitar in a different amp. try a different guitar in your amp. get a free estimate
i know its not my guitars, i've tried both of them in it, same sound, and both sound fine in my bugera. i was hoping it would be the pre-amp tube, but that doesnt sound like a tube problem.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by grayfox1001

it sounds like its playing octaves whenever i hit a note. thats the best way to describe it. its very noticeable I have no idea what the problem could be. this is with just simply guitar to amp, and headphones in my amp.

Does it happen when you use speakers or just the headphones?
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an