Page 1 of 2
ITS HERE!
*sticky please, mods?*

Thank stratkat for the awesome album cover

Over a month and a half in production, and after numerous interruptions, the
UG ANIME COVER ALBUM
is finally completed! Thanks to everyone involved, your enthusiasm was amazing.

HERE BE THE TRACKLIST:

1. My Soul, Your Beats! Remix (Angel Beats!) - stratkat
2. Katayoku No Tori (Umineko) - TheReverend724
3. Pokemon Theme - stratkat
4. Lilium (Elfen Lied) - thorbor
5. Sorairo Days (Gurren Lagann) - Holy Katana
6. Mystline (Samurai Champloo) - pbiggie
7. Someone Else (Working!!) - Shredoftheday
8. Hare Hare Yukai (Suzumiya Haruhi) - stratkat
9. Battlecry (Samurai Champloo) - GuitarGod_92, TheReverend724
10. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (feat. Holy Katana) - TheReverend724, Holy Katana
11. Real Folk Blues (Cowboy Bebop) - cyco_bob56
12. Nomad Songs (Avatar The Last Airbender) - Jon777

All packaged neatly into 33.33 minutes

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2d9m1ivrk85aise

Someone feel free to upload a torrent and whatnot
woohoo!!!

EDIT: damn, that's some pretty cool cover art.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 2, 2010,
Downloading as hard as I can.

Quote by CoreysMonster
woohoo!!!

EDIT: damn, that's some pretty cool cover art.

I drew it a long time ago, but I edited it to make the bra transparent, and added the G.
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 2, 2010,
Listening to it now.

EDIT: I can't say I was really ever a fan of the original My Soul, Your Beats, but your cover is damn good Strat.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Sep 2, 2010,

I just got through mystline and it's all really good so far! I especially liked the rendition of sorairo days. Good work guys!

Edit: On top of that it seems stratkat has made me enjoy two openings I could hardly stand.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Last edited by Victory2134 at Sep 2, 2010,
Oh god Thorb

Your Lilium cover is really very good and I can easily tell what it's supposed to be, but I just never expected that song to be played like that. But it is seriously great, man.
Quote by Victory2134

I just got through mystline and it's all really good so far! I especially liked the rendition of sorairo days. Good work guys!

Edit: On top of that it seems stratkat has made me enjoy two openings I could hardly stand.

It was actually the first chiptune thing I've ever done. I'd like to delve into the genre more. There's just something very intriguing about working within such extreme limits.
Quote by Holy Katana

It was actually the first chiptune thing I've ever done. I'd like to delve into the genre more. There's just something very intriguing about working within such extreme limits.

I agree, my experiments with chiptune like music always end prematurely. I can never seem to find something I'm happy with.

But you pulled it off well. It helps that I liked the song beforehand as well.

Edit: The opening to the higurashi track really sets the mood for the piece as a whole and brings back some gruesome memories.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Last edited by Victory2134 at Sep 2, 2010,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Also, inb4 Avatar isn't an anime.

I got yo back Jon.

=____=

I agree with corey.

let's leave this debate for another day.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
EDIT: ^ Alrighty, Paul.

Quote by CoreysMonster
now now, lets not start this.

I consider it to be an anime myself
Yeah, agreed, I'd rather not argue about that.

Anyway, regardless of if it is an anime or not, this album desperately needed submissions. (Even if my track is only a minute or so long. >_>
(Reviewed while listening to album)

1. My Soul, Your Beats! Remix (Angel Beats!) - stratkat
meh

Damn man, that flute sound is pretty, I'm almost jealous of some of the fancy drumwork you do in your songs:]

You ruined it.

while the verse isn't as recognizable as I'd like, it's still good, and the rest of it is awesome. (what I'd call the chorus and bridge.)

Haha, like it a lot, chiptunes always make me nostalgic.

nice job on it, it's good, but a tad boring since it's bg music, and I don't like much stuff with acoustic guitars. Some parts are particularly pretty sounding:3

Dude, you put a lot of...wah? on teh vocals?
I like the original better tbh>>
the guitar playing wasn't bad, but it's nothing like the version I've heard.

gay

Song to listen to while high, was first thing that popped in my head, as soon as I heard the kick.
Awesome cover guysx]

Just ****ing cool, so cool, ****. This could be my favorite thing off the album. More fx would've been filling though:/ specially since without 'em, it's like a four minute loop.

The low notes stood out way to much, the quality wasn't best, but I know it can't be helped, a little bit of roughness wouldn't have hurt the song. It's good, singing and playing, just wish the quality was a little better.

Avatar isn't anime. Looking past that though, the songs sounded well done, i've never heard the originals though.
Well, just finished it. Great work all around guys. Really really good stuff.

Put this shit on my Ipod to listen to it again later.
Quote by stratkat
(Reviewed while listening to album)

Damn man, that flute sound's pretty, I'm almost jealous of some of the fancy drumwork you do in youre songs:]

You ruined it.

while the verse isn't as recognizable as I'd like, it's still good, and the rest of it is awesome. (what I'd call the chorus and bridge.)

Haha, like it a lot, chiptunes always make me nostalgic.

nice job on it, it's good, but a tad boring since it's bg music, and I don't like much stuff with acoustic guitars.

Dude, you put a lot of...wah? on teh vocals?
I like the original better tbh>>
the guitar playing wasn't bad, but it's nothing like the version I've heard.

gay

Song to listen to while high, was first thing that popped in my head, as soon as I heard the kick.
Awesome cover guysx]

Just ****ing cool, so cool, ****. This could be my favorite thing off the album. More fx would've been filling though:/ specially since without 'em, it's like a four minute loop.

The low notes stood out way to much, the quality wasn't best, but I know it can't be helped, a little bit of roughness wouldn't have hurt the song. It's good, singing and playing, just wish the quality was a little better.

Avatar isn't anime. Looking past that though, the songs sounded well done, i've never heard the originals though.

Yeah, my job, other than doing all the sound design and mixing (which are my favorite things to do, anyway), was to put in some more samples and FX in the track. I unfortunately failed. I'm glad you like it, though.

If you want to hear what sort of sound I was originally envisioning, listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIhZYEZcnEU

I Skinny Puppy.
Okay so now that this one is done. When's the second album's production starting?!

I think this was pretty good all things considered, but more cooperation among the members and an even more pushed back deadline might've improved the overall quality. Who knows?

I love the rendition of "the real folk blues" to death. If the quality was just a tad better I'd probably blast it constantly.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Downloaded, this is pretty awesome stuff, even if the only song I know is the pokemon theme song. Regardless, good work guys and I've put a link to this thread in mine, for future reference

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Shred's track still confuses me. Yet I'm strangely aroused.

SOM WAN WAN WAN
I just did it as a bit of a joke, so hopefully you'll get some laughs out of it.
Hopefully if we do another album next year I'll plan ahead and do a more serious cover.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Last edited by Shredoftheday at Sep 2, 2010,
This needs stickied, someone pm someone or something.

EDIT: also I'ma little busy with the label, and with making original music for an anime styled flash series, but I'll totally be up for another album.

I call Baka go Home.
oh, I totally missed the release today, gonny downloiad it right away
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
lots of anime in this thread
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
why do I feel like I'm the only one who actually put serious effort into this?

anyway, if there's a second album, I'll get my new band going to jam over some anime song

I really expected more actual recordings and metal version in this.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Downloading now. Take note that some of these songs I haven't heard beforehand.

Yeah I wish the quality on mine sounded better too but all I had was WavePad Sound Editor and a Guitar Hero mike, which I had to hang from the ceiling fan in my room since my brother took it's mike stand, plugged directly into the comp.
Quote by thorbor
why do I feel like I'm the only one who actually put serious effort into this?

anyway, if there's a second album, I'll get my new band going to jam over some anime song

I really expected more actual recordings and metal version in this.

Technically speaking, you have to put more work into an electronic track, since you have to make the sounds, too, in addition to arranging, mixing, and mastering. That is, unless you suck and can't program synths, and then you're up shit creek as it is.

Also, plugging notes into a sequencer is pretty painstaking stuff compared to just hitting the record button and playing your guitar. Again, it doesn't require as much technical ability, but it requires more time and patience.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 2, 2010,
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
lots of anime in this thread

is that so?
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by TheReverend724
Anyone down for a V2?

Me for sure. I'll actually be able to finish my Detroit Metal city cover and submit something decent. (Nomad Songs was okay I guess, but it didn't take much effort to do.)
Page 1 of 2