So I just got this little magazine thing from Guitar Center and noticed that Fender has a Series 3 Hot Rod Amp, now I just want it I don't cared if you like other amps like mesa or orange I just want a Fender Tube Amp because I played one in NY and I loved it. Thats that. my question is what would be different in the two models that have the same price tag?

4x10 for $899
2x12 for $899

obviously I know the amp is gonna be different in shape, but would one be louder than the other because of the number of speakers or size of speakers? would it sound different because of the same reasons? if anyone can clear that up for me I would greatly appreciate it.
My Gear:

2010 Fender American Deluxe Sunburst Stratocaster HSS (1st Choice)
Ibanez RG 5EX1 (2nd Choice)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Digitech Time Bender Delay
Boss BF-2 Flanger)
EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
Quote by PIMO
So I just got this little magazine thing from Guitar Center and noticed that Fender has a Series 3 Hot Rod Amp, now I just want it I don't cared if you like other amps like mesa or orange I just want a Fender Tube Amp because I played one in NY and I loved it. Thats that.

i disagree with this reasoning on many many levels. you can get a much higher quality amp (parts and construction) for less money if you go with other companies. fender amps are rediculously expensive for what you get, they are usually made in mexico (to keep costs down) and insanely overpriced. also, many of the 'reissues' are bastardizations of older fender circuits while other companies actually offer the actual old circuit

Quote by PIMO

my question is what would be different in the two models that have the same price tag?

4x10 for $899
2x12 for $899

if the difference is just the speaker compliment, then classically a 4x10 sound quite a bit 'tighter', won't have as much low end and will have more stiff breakup. 2x12's are more 'classic' and are usually what you find in rock music more.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by PIMO
So I just got this little magazine thing from Guitar Center and noticed that Fender has a Series 3 Hot Rod Amp, now I just want it I don't cared if you like other amps like mesa or orange I just want a Fender Tube Amp because I played one in NY and I loved it. Thats that. my question is what would be different in the two models that have the same price tag?

4x10 for $899
2x12 for $899

obviously I know the amp is gonna be different in shape, but would one be louder than the other because of the number of speakers or size of speakers? would it sound different because of the same reasons? if anyone can clear that up for me I would greatly appreciate it.

You can do much better than the Hot Rod series, even if you stay strictly Fender... What styles of music do you play?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i play stuff from a little bit of indie to some punk music, a little bit of funk stuff like that. I just really liked the way the tube amp sounded and i just need an amp to play. i know im contradicting my first post but what would you both recommend then for a good amp i should test out? and so im guessing the 2x12 is what i should look for at least for now then right?
My Gear:

Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss BF-2 Flanger)
i have a few music man amps, imo they are incredibly good for the money. i got all mine for ~500. other than that i'd go for companies that clone old fender circuits (like ceriatone and mojotone)
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
hey are ceriatone and mojotone only DIY? im still lookin at the sites but i dont see anywhere i can just buy an amp =/ i think id probably mess it up if i tried to build one myself tbh lol unless then come with idiot proof instructions on how to build them? im still considering that hot rod amp but as a last resort i guess now if i find something for a lower price ill probably stick with that. and where would i be able to find a site for music man amps, i saw one but it said it wasnt affiliated with the company
My Gear:

Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss BF-2 Flanger)