Page 1 of 5
Am I the only one who is sick of seeing the media rag on about the evil amount of 'pressure' placed on today's youth to strive for physical perfection? The rise of the pro fat movement, or the demonization of models and the 'unrealistic standards' they set?

Jesus Christ, what the hell is going on?

Since when has it been a sin to infatuate over beautiful people? Is it not in our genetic code to strive for a physically attractive mate?

The source of this rising enmity is not vanity my friends, it is pure envy. Envy growing deep in the foul grease belching heart of the militant fat identity.

They will make you believe that their condition is an incurable curse placed upon them by an over powering force such as consumerism, emotional torture or even their own genetics.
They will condemn any efforts of systematic culling from their herd, disregarding scientific fact and interpreting healthy regimes as a form of tyranny.
They will place statements against their plight at the same offensive level as racial prejudice.

Lo and behold obesity; the plague of the 21st century.
lol guitar
not everyone has to have a six-pack. I think most people's problem is that for girls, if they don't look like stick figures, many of them gain serious issues about their figures which can lead to eating disorders. Women do not have to look like 10 year old boys and the media is wrong for pushing that figure as the "ideal", because it is a figure only a small percent of women can achieve. You can be healthy and sexy without being a twig..

I agree that obesity is a serious problem, but that doesn't mean that people have to be as skinny as fashion models.

EDIT: to quote a very wise, neurotic squirrel, "If you're a fat bastard, then be a fat bastard. If you're a twig, be a twig. Stop trying to conform to a beauty ideal pushed upon you by other people and figure out the kind of person you want to be."
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 2, 2010,
I have never met anyone who is "militantly" fat. maybe unrepentantly fat...

edit: really, I don't know what fat people you're talking about. is there some sort of underground fat society I'm not aware of? I guess I didn't get the memo.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 2, 2010,
personally, i feel as if modern western societys become way too oversensitive as a whole

while I agree with some points though, a bit too much fat hate in the op
Quote by CoreysMonster
stick figures...look like 10 year old boys ...You can be healthy and sexy without being a twig..

I agree that obesity is a serious problem, but that doesn't mean that people have to be as skinny as fashion models.

And there it is. The model-twig comparison.
Maybe I should go a step further and start calling people 'jellies' and 'blobs', oh wait no that's offensive.
lol guitar
I don't think anyone would choose to be fat if they had a choice.

While I agree that there is a lot of influence from the media about people's looks, I don't think there's anything good about being fat. I know that sounds disrespectful, but it's true. You get tired more quickly, you have to eat more to get the energy to carry around your weight, and you're more prone to heart failure.

There's nothing wrong with being mildly overweight, but obesity is a problem that should be dealt with for your own good.
Last edited by sashki at Sep 2, 2010,
Quote by CoreysMonster
not everyone has to have a six-pack. I think most people's problem is that for girls, if they don't look like stick figures, many of them gain serious issues about their figures which can lead to eating disorders. Women do not have to look like 10 year old boys and the media is wrong for pushing that figure as the "ideal", because it is a figure only a small percent of women can achieve. You can be healthy and sexy without being a twig..

EDIT: to quote a very wise, neurotic squirrel, "If you're a fat bastard, then be a fat bastard. If you're a twig, be a twig. Stop trying to conform to a beauty ideal pushed upon you by other people and figure out the kind of person you want to be."

I was gonna post something along these lines, but it appears I was beaten to it so I'll just say "this"

Also OP is a douche.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Something has to change.
Un-deniable dilemma.
Boredom's not a burden
Anyone should bear.

Constant over stimu-lation numbs me
and I wouldn't have
It any other way.

It's not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I don't want it.
I just need it.
To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive.

Finger deep within the borderline.
Show me that you love me and that we belong together.
Relax, turn around and take my hand.

I can help you change
Tired moments into pleasure.
Say the word and we'll be
Well upon our way.

Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you
Till you will not have me any other way.

It's not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I don't want it.
I just need it.
To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive.

Knuckle deep inside the borderline.
This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to.
Relax. Slip away.

Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?

How can it mean anything to me
If I really don't feel anything at all?

I'll keep digging till
I feel something.

Elbow deep inside the borderline.
Show me that you love me and that we belong together.
Shoulder deep within the borderline.
Relax. Turn around and take my hand.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
*stinkfist*

wat?? Did you post this in the wrong thread?

EDIT: also, dont forget that beauty and sexual attraction is very subjective and based in culture and personal preference.

There are many people who prefer slightly larger, curvier women over thin ones. Nobody's arguing that obesity is a problem, but as long as it's not at the point where it's unhealthy, there's nothing wrong with having a couple of pounds too many.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 2, 2010,
There's a difference. You are assuming that you can only be beautiful if you are entirely in shape and pay attention to everything about your appearance all the time.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by sashki
I don't think anyone would choose to be fat if they had a choice.

While I agree that there is a lot of influence from the media about people's looks, I don't think there's anything good about being fat. I know that sounds disrespectful, but it's true. You get tired more quickly, you have to eat more to get the energy to carry around your weight, and you're more prone to heart failure.

There's nothing wrong with being mildly overweight, but obesity is a problem that should be dealt with for your own good.

sumo wrestling?
Quote by BeastlyBassist
I was gonna post something along these lines, but it appears I was beaten to it so I'll just say "this"

Also OP is a douche.

So you mean you were also going to ignore the double standards and jump on the 'lawl runway modelz are anorexic' wagon?
lol guitar
Quote by CoreysMonster
wat?? Did you post this in the wrong thread?

Nah, the OP was pretty on the ball with some of the stuff he said. Obesity is a pandemic today because of technology, consumerism, and general excessive living. Now read the lyrics again.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Serpentarius
And there it is. The model-twig comparison.
Maybe I should go a step further and start calling people 'jellies' and 'blobs', oh wait no that's offensive.

if you're already on the thin side, why are you so butthurt? fat people get a lot more shit than skinny people.

what's the difference between fat and skinny people pushing their ideals on the other? both are unhealthy when taken to extremes.

what made you so vehemently against the fat ones?

edit: I feel like becoming a champion for fat people just to piss you off.

Foward the Fat Cause! or something like that. maybe more alliteration.
Quote by Serpentarius
So you mean you were also going to ignore the double standards and jump on the 'lawl runway modelz are anorexic' wagon?

are you saying anorexia/bulemia is better than obesity?

Because it really isn't.
Quote by Serpentarius

I seem to remember hearing a quote somewhere that fashion designers want models to be skinny so that they are like "walking coat-hangers" so it might not be that far off

Either way, how is it that fat people inconvenience you so? It's really not a big deal. Hell, I've seen more militant "anti-fat" people than militant fat people anyway. Also the standards pushed on women are absurd and can do pretty shitty things to girls.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

When you have next to no body fat - you are damned unhealthy.

When you have over average/necessary amounts of body fat - you are not necessarily unhealthy at all.

I'm not talking naturally petite women, I mean the ones that literally have next to no fat on them.

EDIT: This video is relevant as hell also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOQh3evqsI
Quote by SteveHouse
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Sep 2, 2010,
Quote by sashki
I kinda wish people wouldn't only look at the extremes. There is a middle ground, which is the best option. The ideal is to have a healthy body.

of course, but "healthy" is a very broad spectrum, and people call women with a tiny bit of chunk "whales" and such, when you don't need to have a 6-pack stomach to be healthy, which is what I've been saying from the beginning.
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
Who gives a shit? If they're fat and want to be skinny why don't they just go work out.

No guy, the point is that you should not want to be skinny.
Quote by SteveHouse
^ I want to be skinny, mostly out of curiosity.

I think my head would look huge. freakishly so. also, I look too healthy. I want to look consumptive, but without having tuberculosis.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

No guy, the point is that you should not want to be skinny.

Yeah, people shouldn't feel pressured. They can do whatever they want with their body, if there is something they don't like, they can change it.

If someones smoking it up by me, not only is he hurting himself, but that F's over everyone near him.

If you are near a fat guy eating a cheeseburger, well then you're going to look that much better.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Haha, the dude posting Stinkfist. First thing came to my mind when reading the first post was the lines "something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be, desensetized to everything, what became of subtlety?"

good on ya son!
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by BeastlyBassist
I seem to remember hearing a quote somewhere that fashion designers want models to be skinny so that they are like "walking coat-hangers" so it might not be that far off

that actually kinda makes sense, though its still really fvcked

anyways, kind of thread related, im a pretty wirey guy, but Im personally trying to put on a decent amount of fat (well, more muscle than fat obviously, but I want to weigh more i guess ), though my family history says that that wont happen until i spend a decade eating kfc every second meal, and at that point i will have horrible acne unimaginable to any teenager
Quote by MakinLattes
^ I want to be skinny, mostly out of curiosity.

I think my head would look huge. freakishly so. also, I look too healthy. I want to look consumptive, but without having tuberculosis.

That's a point actually. TO a lot of people reading this aka trolls you will say it's just an excuse. But if I were to be less than average sized then I'd look weird. I have a wide body frame. I'd look stupid skinny.
Having said that I'm sure I could stand to lose a few pounds but I don't care enough to lose it.

It's bad when I hear people say "you'd be nice without the piercings, you look bad now" because it hurts, but it is SO MUCH worse when they say "you'd be nice without that extra weight, you look bad now".

Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Yeah, people shouldn't feel pressured. They can do whatever they want with their body, if there is something they don't like, they can change it.

If someones smoking it up by me, not only is he hurting himself, but that F's over everyone near him.

If you are near a fat guy eating a cheeseburger, well then you're going to look that much better.

Not that a large person eating a cheeseburger should feel bad about it but I get what you mean.

Quote by CoreysMonster
haHA! found the video of Foamy I meant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn-MlHlDhHs

That is my favourite ever IllWillPress

Quote by piratemetalhead
*stuff and things*

Exactly, that's your natural body type. You are less than average weight, and that's fine.
Quote by SteveHouse
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Sep 2, 2010,
I think what TS is saying is not that it is right for people to try and achieve stick figure type look, but that it IS good to maintain a healthy body weight. It IS a good thing to put social pressure on people to achieve a healthy weight, he's complaining about them sympathizing with FAT people. Overweight, not people who have normal figures who don't conform to the ridiculous 'ideal' of looking like a ten year old boy.

He's not supporting ABSURD pressure, just a healthy weight. :/
  • Fender American Standard Stratocaster
  • Ibanez RGD2127z
  • Yamaha Acoustic
  • Cort Bass

• Laney LC30
Quote by piratemetalhead

anyways, kind of thread related, im a pretty wirey guy, but Im personally trying to put on a decent amount of fat (well, more muscle than fat obviously, but I want to weigh more i guess ), though my family history says that that wont happen until i spend a decade eating kfc every second meal, and at that point i will have horrible acne unimaginable to any teenager

First off, acne isn't effected by what you eat, it's by your hormones.

Second, yeah, I'm in the same boat as you with the weight. I basically have to eat 4000 calories a day just to gain a pound a week...
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Guys, I think you're misunderstanding his point. He has a problem with fat people making excuses about their weight by saying that it's the result of social pressure. And as a result, they feel that they can take a stand against it, which is that big is beautiful. However, if they really had that belief, then they probably would have just ignored those social pressures in the first place. I agree with him. Just like I would disagree with someone who is anorexic and defending it, or blaming it on culture.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by MonsterOfRock
Haha, the dude posting Stinkfist. First thing came to my mind when reading the first post was the lines "something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be, desensetized to everything, what became of subtlety?"

good on ya son!

Very appropriate song, I felt.

Also:

The only thing that should determine your weight is this.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by piratemetalhead

I think it was from something we watched in high school health. It was so fucked that it was the only thing I remembered from that class.
Quote by kLinic
I think what TS is saying is not that it is right for people to try and achieve stick figure type look, but that it IS good to maintain a healthy body weight. It IS a good thing to put social pressure on people to achieve a healthy weight, he's complaining about them sympathizing with FAT people. Overweight, not people who have normal figures who don't conform to the ridiculous 'ideal' of looking like a ten year old boy.

Except that pressuring people is not a good thing. Saying that "this is beautiful and anything else is not" is not a way to motivate people to lose weight (in any healthy way).

I'm pretty sure grade school nailed it with the whole "be yourself" stuff.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

yeah, i know acne is mainly determined by hormones, but it must have SOMETHING to do with your intake of real oily/greasy foods

i mean, my uncles like pushing 50 right now, the only explanation i can think of for him getting a bunch of acne is literally eating takeout junk food like twice a day

and though i guesss id rather be a bit underweight than overweight, being underweight just means a higher chance of getting destroyed in a fight
Quote by kLinic

Man I have no idea what type of models you guys look at or where this 'stick figure ideal' comes from but yeah you've kinda got my point.
lol guitar
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
First off, acne isn't effected by what you eat, it's by your hormones.

Second, yeah, I'm in the same boat as you with the weight. I basically have to eat 4000 calories a day just to gain a pound a week...

Um.. a lot of people believe it is affected by what you eat. By increasing production of insulin, which affects your hormones.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
What I've never understood is this:

Women can say that they have this unrealistic perfect body image thrown at them, and it leads to eating disorders etc.

If a guy complains that the only male models that are used are chiselled, six pack touting guys (look at a pack of boxers for example), they're only likely to be derided as being a poof.

I realise it's not as prevalent as the female problem, but surely that doesn't make it any less legitimate?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but the OP hit a very deep nerve.

I've struggled with my weight for a long time, and posts like these make me feel like I'm not even human, let alone worthy of affection.

So thanks a lot, TS, for making a fatty hate himself even more.
Page 1 of 5