Okay, so I play in an English Melodic Metalcore Band (Bridge the gaps between Parkway Drive, Killswitch Engage + Deftones sorta sound.) And i have been looking into Overdrive pedals.

I am using a Bugera 6260 all tube guitar head. I remember seeing something a while back which said that with every tube amp for the best tone, metal wise, run a ibanez tube screamer infront of it. I have just been hearing that OD pedals infront of the distortion channel give the sound more bite? Only thing i think personally is, OD sounds ****ing awful on a clean channel and i haven't really had the experience of hearing one through a distortion channel but thought it would make the sound more muddy? I remember the days of running a boss metalzone through the clean channel on my amp, if the pre amp gain was too high, it sounded mega fuzzy and crap which is why i have doubts about running an overdrive into a distortion channel. I have active EMG 81, 85 in my guitar and my ideal tone would be Joel Stroetzel from Killswitch engage ( HOW are his live pinches so ****ing strong?! Can anyone answer that? I can pinch harmonic very well, but they are so tight live it's untrue)

If anyone could offer me their knowledge or experience with OD pedals please post a reply.

Thanks
Jackson DKMGT
£15 guitar cable!
Bugera 6260/ Crate GT1200H
Crate GT1200h Cab
yeah an od pedal like e.g. a tubescreamer into the overdrive channel should do that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?