wild snolax appears

and axl ate him

Llama

On

Llama
Last edited by Hames3rd at Sep 2, 2010,
Quote by Jyrgen
Like if the band should tolerate bottles & cans of piss thrown at them

like if the crowd should tolerate being made to wait for over an hour. Ofcourse throwing bottles is not a very nice thing to do, and I'd never do it myself, but you know it's going to happen when you do something like this.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Irish people are epic!
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
I'm glad Guns N' Roses doesn't have the original line up, guys like Slash and Izzy don't need to be embarressed by that idiot.
I saw them at Leeds but I was way too far back to notice how terrible Axl looks, as far as i'm aware back in the day he always had an excercise bike in his dressing room that he'd use for ages before going on, did he eat that?
Quote by the bartender
like if the crowd should tolerate being made to wait for over an hour. Ofcourse throwing bottles is not a very nice thing to do, and I'd never do it myself, but you know it's going to happen when you do something like this.

That reminded me of Sonisphere last year when we were waiting for Lamb of God to come on and there were these kids playing Guitar Hero: Metallica on stage as part of some competition they had going on. The crowd started bottling them and the singer got hit in the face
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by aaciseric
I saw them at Leeds but I was way too far back to notice how terrible Axl looks, as far as i'm aware back in the day he always had an excercise bike in his dressing room that he'd use for ages before going on, did he eat that?

Yep . He'd probably sing better if he did some cardio. During the 2007 tour he was pretty fit.
Serves him right. Being late for your own gigs means disrespecting your audience and he's done that forever. The fans are there to listen to music and enjoy the show not tolerate the performers bs.

Edit: It's a different story if there are technical or transportation problems
Last edited by kr1stians at Sep 2, 2010,
No matter how much I love classic GNR this is hilarious
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Seriously Axl, just get there on time. You will save yourself a hell of a lot of trouble.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

At Reading, it was pretty cold out and raining a bit. Now, it was quite sunny during QOTSA who were performing before them, so most of the crowd was not exactly dressed for the wait. So having to wait about 1h40m (40min scheduled break) for a band was not exactly appreciated.

Turning up late for 3 gigs in a row, 2 of which were major festival performances, is pretty bad, especially as they were just waiting around rather than finishing setting up.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by kr1stians
Serves him right. Being late for your own gigs means disrespecting your audience and he's done that forever. The fans are there to listen to music and enjoy the show not tolerate the performers bs.

Edit: It's a different story if there are technical or transportation problems

or you could do an NFG and still play with techie problems..Live in London was even filmed at said gig where the problems happened.Thats dedication to the fanbase.

Axl bawwd bout the organiser being the one dicking over fans at reading..all i thought was LMAO what?
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I agree that he should be on time. On the other hand, he's done this each night for the last 20 years though so people should already be prepared for that.
So wait..........fans pay to see a band who they know has a bad reputation for coming on later than billed and yet they throw bottles at them and make them leave and then blame the band (singer)

Shame on the fans I say
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
So wait..........fans pay to see a band who they know has a bad reputation for coming on later than billed and yet they throw bottles at them and make them leave and then blame the band (singer)

Shame on the fans I say

typical GNR fanboy reaction

Quote by the bartender

He actually made some good points.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Quote by the bartender

Well, it's good to bring our perspective to this thread too, just for balance you know.
Lol no don't get me wrong Axl is a dick but I just don't see the point of buying tickets to a gig, to abuse the band....
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Quote by TheIntruder
He actually made some good points.

/care, there's no excuse for being such a huge disappointment to your own fans. It just shows what a huge prick you are. I'm not saying I agree with the reaction the fans gave, but it's what you would expect to happen.

He was probably too fat to fit through the door and it took them an hour to find enough butter and to stop him from eating it.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
He was probably too fat to fit through the door and it took them an hour to find enough butter and to stop him from eating it.

Cool to judge a musician based on their physical appearance
Quote by the bartender

Yes, as musicians, we should all expect to be thrown bottles at.
Quote by slash_GNR666

Shame on the fans I say

I agree. It's been the same thing since the UYI tour. Deal with it if you want to see them. Maybe at a festival, it would be different, but Jesus, this is what he does, get used to it.

I'm going to see them in a couple of weeks - I'm not planning to be back before 1AM - they're set to start at 20.00.
Quote by slash_GNR666

Shame on the fans I say

He'll only carry on being so unprofessional unless people do something about it though. If any one of us was an hour late for work every day for 20 years, you'd be fired...and have beer thrown at you.
Quote by the bartender
/care, there's no excuse for being such a huge disappointment to your own fans. It just shows what a huge prick you are. I'm not saying I agree with the reaction the fans gave, but it's what you would expect to happen.

lol
Quote by lambofgod127

Man's a ****

Killed the mood on the friday at reading. People were fuming.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
First off the bottles are plastic in the o2. The caps are taken off by the sellers. So even if it hit him square in the face it wouldnt hurt.

Second its not like he wasnt in Dublin beforehand they palyed on a boat in the liffey ealier that day. He is just lazy and has no regard for the people that pay the bills.
Mustaine For President!!

Co-founder of the UG"We're gonna kill emos with HURLS!"club. Pm me or con job to join
Dont Be Shy Sign UP!! WE NEED YOU!
Good thing these guys weren't around for the Use Your Illusion tours. They probably would have broken the bottles before throwing them.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
jesus ****ing christ people

it is NEVER okay to bottle a band. NEVER

and even though they were bottled, they came back on twice and finished. And it was not like they were really late either, an hour after the support act is roughly what it takes to set the stage up

you can hate on Axl all you want but throwing bottles= NEVER JUSTIFIED
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
"Foook Off your Tennese Cunt"

Class.

To be fair if I had forked out money to go see a band who made me wait an extra hour I would be pretty pissed.

To think that if like me you have work, your going to miss the set or the end of it, because you need to use public transport to get home and if staying means you miss the last train and cant get home...

Fuck the ginger twat, people pay good money to see his tribute act and the people who pay for his incredibly comfortable life style desevre the same respect back. It is not hard to be on time when you have that many people running your life for you

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by the bartender

You do know that the main stage set-up usually takes quite a while?

I don't defend Axl going on late, it sucks, but jesus.

He said this himself:

"If I didn't care, I'd come out and not give it my all. But I don't. I give everything, every single time"

Call me an Axl-fanboy all you want, gladly. I think the amount of hate he gets is completely unfair.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Sep 2, 2010,
Quote by Demon Wolf

I don't defend Axl going on late, it sucks, but jesus.

He said this himself:

Call me an Axl-fanboy all you want, gladly. I think the amount of hate he gets is completely unfair.

Quote by Article
Guns N’ Roses were scheduled to appear at around 9.15pm, but didn’t arrive until 10.25pm, according to Entertainment.ie.

He was late an hour after the set up time.
Quote by Demon Wolf
throwing bottles= NEVER JUSTIFIED

You've obviously never seen Plain White Ts live.

Quote by Demon Wolf

It's a fucking festival, every single other band in the world manages to set up on time.
Page 1 of 2