Hey there,

I've had a look on the Fender site, and as far as I can tell there's no mention of string spacing. I'm wondering what the "Standard" American Strat string spacing is.

I'm asking because I have a Classic 50's MIM Strat and I'm wondering if I can use parts made for the standard series, I've read on a site that the spacing is 2 7/32.

Thanks
The bridge used on Fender American Standard Stratocasters has a string spread of 54mm (2 1/8").

Most parts are not compatable between MIM and MIA guitars, at least not as easy, drop-in replacements. Typically, screw/stud placement is different and some parts are very fractionately shifted to work with shallower body routing. For example, if you got a 6-screw bridge made for MIA guitars and tried to put it on a MIM body, you would need to plug the existing screw holes and re-drill for the neck ones, plus shave the bridge cut on the pickguard back about .75mm. MIM bridge saddles tend to be narrower than those used on MIA bridges and the thread of the vibrato arms are different sizes.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
The bridge used on Fender American Standard Stratocasters has a string spread of 54mm (2 1/8").

Most parts are not compatable between MIM and MIA guitars, at least not as easy, drop-in replacements. Typically, screw/stud placement is different and some parts are very fractionately shifted to work with shallower body routing. For example, if you got a 6-screw bridge made for MIA guitars and tried to put it on a MIM body, you would need to plug the existing screw holes and re-drill for the neck ones, plus shave the bridge cut on the pickguard back about .75mm. MIM bridge saddles tend to be narrower than those used on MIA bridges and the thread of the vibrato arms are different sizes.

Ah, okay. I thought as much, I just wondered due to the string spacing being different to the other MIM guitars.

Thanks