What's going everyone,

This is my first post on the forums (just joined this morning) so please excuse me if this has been reviewed before but I didn't find anything in the search.

I am running a ESP Eclipse II Standard with a EMG 81 and 60 set through a peavey 6505+ and a mesa rectifier 2x12 cab.

Only effects that I use are a Boss CE-5 --> Boss DD-6 (effects loop) and a Morley Tremonti Power Wah up front

I play mainly on the lead channel with the following settings:

Pre - 5.5
Bass - 6.5
Mids - 5
Treble - 7
Resonance - 8
Presence - 8
Post - 2.5 - 3 depending

I have a nice crunchy metal sound going on but what I am lacking is a bit of tightness. My second problem is that I need something that is going to help boost my leads - even with the mids at 5 it doesn't seem like I am cutting through the rest of the band.

I was thinking about getting an Ibanez TS-9 tubescreamer - do you think this would help solve both of my problems? I assume I would definitely need to invest in a noise gate to use this over the crunch and lead channels.

Any thoughts on the ISP Decimator vs. the Boss NS-2?

Thank you in advance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Gibson Les Paul Studio - Gem Series
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-ESP Horizon FR II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
TS9 would more than likely help in your situation. Your cab, even though only a 2x12, is a bigger than normal cabinet which gives a lot more bass than a standard cab and can make things a little flubby. Try turning your gain up a little to about 6 because I find I need my gain at six to really add that power for the gain during palm mutes etc.

ISP vs. NS2 = ISP win, but NS2 is a good option and not as bad as most people say and is a good option if you're on a budget.
Turn the mids up abit more, it might not sound how you like it to sound when you're playing alone, but in a band situation it will definatly help.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I'd say turn down your lows, you are likely getting tons from that rectifier cab. Anything with more than the minimum required is going to flub you out in the mix.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Maybe an EQ pedal too. Never tried the ISP but I hear it is the shit.

EQ pedals work wonders on any amp. Even my crappy little fish n chips lets my use more highs and simply cut out the pierce-ness. I don't know about the noise gate; can't see how anyone would need one. If you can mute "alright" then there shouldn't be any problems. Hell, I use tons of gain and need to turn towards the cabinet for some wanted feedback.

Unless your talking about use during a band smoke break, very handy to cut out the unwanted noise then.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I don't know about the noise gate; can't see how anyone would need one. If you can mute "alright" then there shouldn't be any problems. Hell, I use tons of gain and need to turn towards the cabinet for some wanted feedback.....

I was more worried about the TS9 in conjunction with the crunch and lead channels. I have never tried using an over drive pedal on top of a gain channel. I figured this would create a lot of extra noise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
not set up the way I described - it shouldn't

especially if you us a power adapter.

for metal especially, they are almost a must for tightening up the lower end and giving you a boost. Hell I sometimes have my Bad Monkey, Big Muff, EQ, and Boss SD1 all on at the same time - on the frickin high gain amp channel
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
not set up the way I described - it shouldn't

especially if you us a power adapter.

for metal especially, they are almost a must for tightening up the lower end and giving you a boost. Hell I sometimes have my Bad Monkey, Big Muff, EQ, and Boss SD1 all on at the same time - on the frickin high gain amp channel

I actually have a bad monkey at home - I will definitely give this a try after work.

Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
So I think I have narrowed down to 3 OD pedals I want to try with this:

Ibanez TS9
Digitech Bad Monkey
T-REX Michael Angelo Batio

Anyone have experience with the T-REX? I know Mark Tremonti uses it (sorry dont hate hes one of my favorite players) and I love his sound.

Any comparison you could provide on the 3 would be much appreciated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I recommend a Bad Monkey.

Gain = 0
Level = 10
Low = 3
High = 7

Maybe an EQ pedal too. Never tried the ISP but I hear it is the shit.

^ This, or if you're looking for a higher end boost go for a Maxon 808.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
You don't need an additional EQ. Just fine tune your amp while rehearsing with your band. Going by your settings, back off the gain and bass a little bit. Try rolling both back around 4-5. Throwing an OD in front will further help you out. You can use the OD to add more bite, tighten the low end, and add some more mids.

You'll most likely get more people in favor of the ISP, although the Boss does the job almost as well as the ISP.