For about a year now; I've been dying to purchase a Jackson RR3, I've tried it out in shops various times and seems like a great guitar...however; there are two features I dislike about it, 1) Its not comfortable to sit down with (an obvious feature I've heard many people complain about) and 2) it only has 22 frets (I personally am used to 24 as the guitars I have now all have got).

So; I've starting re-considering my choices, I've starting looking at Dimebag's signature guitars as I love the designs on them and the brilliant over-powering sound they've produced on the Pantera albums. The two I'm looking are the Dean From Hell and the Black Bolt; they both have good specs and have that awesome lightning paintwork.

Which you would you guys recommend? Should I stick with my original choice? Or should I go for one of the Dimebag axes? Or; if you'd like, you could suggest to me a guitar of equal quality to those guitars...just note I don't want to go over the budget of £590.
RR3 - built in Japan, solid trem, nice pickups.

Dean - Made in China/Korea, cheap trem, decent/crappy pickups.

You do the math.

The RR3 is fine to sit down with, just rest it on your left leg instead and prop it up a bit. The classical guitar way.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 2, 2010,
The Jackson is certainly the least stupid looking guitar out of the three, but like you said, you can't really sit and play one comfortably, although I have a friend who has a RR and he sits with it in the classical position, seems to work for him.

Remember that just because you're playing the same guitar that someone used on a certain album(s), you won't actually sound like them.

What sort of music do you play, what kinda tones are you after other than Pantera? And what amp do you have?.. I'm also in the UK, so I'll try look for a guitar for you.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
The Jackson is certainly the least stupid looking guitar out of the three, but like you said, you can't really sit and play one comfortably, although I have a friend who has a RR and he sits with it in the classical position, seems to work for him.

Remember that just because you're playing the same guitar that someone used on a certain album(s), you won't actually sound like them.

What sort of music do you play, what kinda tones are you after other than Pantera? And what amp do you have?.. I'm also in the UK, so I'll try look for a guitar for you.

Well I'm well aware that it won't sound exactly like Pantera; but I'm hoping combined with the right amp settings, I can get pretty close...just I have already achieved a Eddie Van Halen style sound with my ESP LTD KH-203 and Line 6 amp. I don't really like to copy other guitarist's sounds too much though; I just like studying their sounds and settings to help develop my own. Lol. :P

Plus another reason I'm considering Dimebag's Deans is because of the shape and design; they look really good, I've also heard they have good tuning stability...which another quality I like. I do a lot of digital music production; so being in tune is essential for me. My friends have also recommended them to me a few times.

I play 80s style metal mostly; stuff like Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Megadeth etc. I like the guitar virtuoso and shredder style tones really. I have both a Marshall MG15 practice amp and a Line 6 Flextone 3.
Ah, you have a Flextone, that's half a relief.

Well, in my opinion those Dean guitars look absolutly bloody awful, but ofcourse, this guitar isn't for me, it's for you. So you have to decide weather you wan't to buy the guitar that your idol had, or a decent guitar. In my honest opinion, you could get a much much better guitar than that for the moneyz.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Ah ok; fair enough, thanks for your help.

I will defiantly try one out before I make any certain decisions; I don't want to end up buying a guitar I don't like.

To be honest; I don't mind not having a the same guitar as my idols, I just want something decent...I tend to go for signature models though because they have nicer designs and to me thats just important as the guitar's sound.

If anyone else has any more suggestions or recommendations; keep them coming.
Id take the RR3.

Ive not played the MLs, but the razorbacks deffinately arent worth the moolah on the specs. Id guess the MLs are the same. Though i prefer the look of the MLs. Theyre a marketing scam though, you're just paying for dimes name.

The RRs alder, the MLs are mahogany, but dime has quite a bright sound, you might not get his lows. Maybe get the RR and stick a bill lawrence L500 in the bridge pos.