I hate clip on tuners... Damned unreliable things. Ibanez makes a cheap chromatic pedal tuner I think. I've never tried it myself, but odds are it'll be pretty similar to all of the other ones.
Quote by enselmis
I hate clip on tuners... Damned unreliable things. Ibanez makes a cheap chromatic pedal tuner I think. I've never tried it myself, but odds are it'll be pretty similar to all of the other ones.

The one I have isn't unreliable a trick is to tune to the 12th fret harmonic, works better than just the open strings.
The Korg CA-40 is good and cheap. It’s one of the few tuners on the market that’s actually the result of decades of refining the same basic design (I have a CA-20 that’s at least 15 years old and works just fine).
Quote by WtrPlyr
The one I have isn't unreliable a trick is to tune to the 12th fret harmonic, works better than just the open strings.

Fair enough, I suppose it's a preference thing. I'd prefer to stick to pedals myself.

Edit: I suppose we should ask if this for live use or not.
Last edited by enselmis at Sep 2, 2010,
I've always heard the GFS tuner is pretty darn good, and it's like what, 40 bucks? Doesn't get more affordable than that... true bypass, I think it's +/- 1 cent, bright LED display, and GFS is a pretty reliable company.

Might be worth checking out.
Quote by josephde
I've always heard the GFS tuner is pretty darn good, and it's like what, 40 bucks? Doesn't get more affordable than that... true bypass, I think it's +/- 1 cent, bright LED display, and GFS is a pretty reliable company.

Might be worth checking out.

+99842934

I was going to suggest this, but didn't know if TS was just looking for a little pocket tuner that costs like 5 bucks.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Since the TS hasn't given any real budget I'm going to go ahead and suggest the Polytune.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...