Hi everybody, I'm looking to invest in a USB interface to improve my recording quality (at the moment I'm using an adaptor to plug directly into my soundcard, and it sounds like complete arse) and I'm absolutely clueless as to which one to go for.

I've seen a boat load of cheap ones on eBay but I'm not sure if the recording quality and latency would be all that good. I'm trying to do this as cheaply as possible but quality is the most important aspect for me.
Equipment wise, I'm only using a Squire Strat and a Warwick clone.
Any recommendations?

Thanks!

*edit*
I'm currently looking at this Behringer UCG102 which are about £30, any reason why it wouldn't be as effective as a Line6 as far as recording quality is concerned?
Last edited by JustPhil at Sep 2, 2010,
I use a Line 6 Guitarport but there are plenty of more "up to date" interfaces to choose from. I know my next one will be M-Audio for sure.
I had 2 different M-Audio USB Interfaces - both were total JUNK... maybe the newer ones are being made better but I'd never trust them again. The Line 6 GX1 I bought worked perfectly from day 1.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Does anyone have an opinion on this guy? http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/M-Audio-Fast-Track-MKII-USB-Audio-Interface?sku=703669

I was looking at that and thinking it'd be just what I need. Some of the other (more expensive) ones got some bad reviews, but this seemed to get pretty good reviews...
Guitars:
Ibanez JS1200
PRS SE EG S/S/H
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535q
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Morley Little Alligator
Boss DD-6
Amp:
Carvin V3m
Carvin 212 cab
If you are patient, M-Audio interfaces work like a charm. Some tweaking is required at first, but if you have any idea about what you're doing or know someone who can help set it up, it will be a breeze.