hey everyone, i'm using an esp ltd f-10 and my amp is marshall 30FX. and every time i want to play a rock song i don't get the right sound, so do i need a distorsion pedal or the dist. in my amp is good?. if i need a pedal wich one do you recommand for me (i'm not a professional) and do i need other pedals to play green day or mcr songs ?
Just try and sort your EQ out the best you can. Your amp isn't the best anyway, a pedal will not really make any difference.

I'd recommend an amp upgrade tbh.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
inb4 troll
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by lolo096
hey everyone, i'm using an esp ltd f-10 and my amp is marshall 30FX. and every time i want to play a rock song i don't get the right sound, so do i need a distorsion pedal or the dist. in my amp is good?. if i need a pedal wich one do you recommand for me (i'm not a professional) and do i need other pedals to play green day or mcr songs ?

Ugh...

Just get a Peavey Vypyr 15w 30w 75w or 60w tube.

But since you haven't listed your budget, you could probably get a Diezel Vh4.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Ok I'm going to jump on this before all the haters show up. Don't worry about buying a pedal, just keep saving your money for a new amp at some point in the future.

I'm assuming your MG is one of the four channel ones but correct me if I'm wrong. Try setting your amp on the OD 1 (or OD 2 if you need more gain) setting, gain around 1-2 o'clock, bass 1-2 o'clock, mids 12 o'clock, treble 2-3 o'clock, volume to taste, adjust from there. I find that's a good place to start with about any amp for me.

Like I said, don't worry about a pedal, any cheap ones won't really help and you're better off just saving for a new amp instead of shelling out for a more expensive one. Looking at your gear I'm assuming you're just starting out (again, correct me if I'm wrong) and people are going to hate on your amp but I think it's not a bad starter amp, that being said I'm not a fan of the newest ones.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
@Kyle-Rehm thanks for your help. and i think i will save money for a new amp it's a good idea !
With an MG you'd definitely be better with a nice distortion pedal. Better still buy a good amp, but if you can't then a nice pedal all the way.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by lolo096
@Kyle-Rehm thanks for your help. and i think i will save money for a new amp it's a good idea !

Yay I can be helpful! No problem bro, good luck.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.