Ok i have been wondering how to get the correct guitar/amp tone for the song
"Too Many Humans"

Its been pissing me off for a while because i am not the best when it comes to finding tones for songs. I need someone that know how at the moment

please (if possible) put settings, pedals needed, amp suggestions or any good tips or help
Too Many Humans, hell of a song

sounds like a fuzz or a light distortion, I do hear an Octafuzz in there too at times, with the tone rolled back, volume rolled back but not all the way I assume (on the guitar), light picking, it is a very gentle song after all, though at times,

I use the neck pickup when I jam to it, dab of reverb, I use a EHX Big Muff Pi, for the fuzz and I kick on a boss OC-2 octaver for the octafuzz bits, so then I can use the whammy pedal if I feel the need to do some of his pitch-shifty stuff...I use a Line 6 Verbzilla for a slight bit of chamber reverb aswell, but around 4:20, I use a Boss Bluesdriver BD-2 to get that kind of tone, rolling the tone back forward a bit more, staying with the neck pickup

Your best bet is to just play around with your settings until you find that tone

I hope this helps mate!

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Thank you,
i think i might need to buy a fuzz soon i wonder which fuzz pedal i should get
Quote by XdeathcardX
Thank you,
i think i might need to buy a fuzz soon i wonder which fuzz pedal i should get

There are alot out there on the market, but I'd try a few out, see which you like, the one alot of people I know use is the Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi, but there are alot of different fuzzes out there each with a different kind of sound.

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Quote by XdeathcardX
Its been pissing me off for a while because i am not the best when it comes to finding tones for songs. I need someone that know how at the moment

please (if possible) put settings, pedals needed, amp suggestions or any good tips or help

With a lot of guitarists, they always are trying to copy other tones at first. You don't need specific tones for songs. If you want it to be your style then all you need is your tone.
Instead of trying to copy other artists, you should try and form a tone that fits you and your style of music.
If it's just a specific sound, like an effect or something then that's another story.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Sep 3, 2010,
I'm pretty sure the gear used was a Telecaster on the neck pickup. Sounds like the tone/volume was rolled down substantially. I read somewhere that his amp was turned up LOUD. I'll try and find it.

EDIT: "So, armed with his white Les Paul and my brother's old Tele, Bucket turned his amp up to 10"

So, to review:

1. Roll down tone and volume
2. Turn amp UP up up, probably on the clean channel
3. Use a neck pickup, preferably a Tele
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Last edited by bingeandletgo at Sep 9, 2010,