Hey thr every1..me iz new in guitar.playing electric guitar.just 3 months have gone i hav been playing guitar. Can play chords, read tabs but can play few (still trying), singing along with da playing. Tru to say I m having da amp but dnt knw how to get da mode for a particular song or which one suits most or dont knw how distortion sounds are made . Itz really tough to play electric w/o sound but me need help on da amp settings. My guitar iz yamaha n da amp iz YAmaha GA-15.any1 hav clr idea abt da amp plz help me. one more thing if u culd suggest me wat shuld i learn n how can i make tune of myself
Someone's going to say it eventually so I might as well start.

Please write your post properly so that people can understand what on earth you're talking about. It may sound and look cool to your young mates but to anyone else, correct English helps. I'm happy to help but could you please edit it into Standard English. Thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
There is a S in the alphabet, fyi.
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
Your gain is distortion and press the button to go into the drive channel (working off a picture), now, please don't use text language, please! For easy to learn songs try Green Day, Nirvana, Blink 182 - all power cord stuff.
As stated in the previous posts....please sort your language out.

and also don't try and act 'gangsta' by using Z instead of S, also what does 'da' mean? i have no idea what you are trying to say.
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Custom '86 Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
Quote by truiteleague
You are novice in English too!

haha he certainly is!
My Gear

Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
I was hoping I didn't have to be the one to say pretty much everything that has been said above me.

But it's true.

But.. After looking at the join date, troll?
Says hes from Qatar dudes, relax...not everyone speaks English. Im sure there's no guitar forum for Qatar-ians.

From what I can gathers...hes been playing for 3 months...knows chords, and is having a problem getting the sound he wants from his amp.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Sep 2, 2010,
Quote by TheAbsentOne
But.. After looking at the join date, troll?

I was a bit suspicious about this too.....it is very possible that he could be.
My Gear

Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
Even still, it's really no reason to type like THAT..

It's possible I'm a grammar Nazi, who knows. I also can't stand internet speak like "U" for "You" and the like. Pet peeve..
Quote by TheAbsentOne
It's possible I'm a grammar Nazi, who knows.

Don't worry, you're not the only one.
My Gear

Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
Quote by FS4
Hey thr every1..me iz new in guitar.playing electric guitar.just 3 months have gone i hav been playing guitar. Can play chords, read tabs but can play few (still trying), singing along with da playing. Tru to say I m having da amp but dnt knw how to get da mode for a particular song or which one suits most or dont knw how distortion sounds are made . Itz really tough to play electric w/o sound but me need help on da amp settings. My guitar iz yamaha n da amp iz YAmaha GA-15.any1 hav clr idea abt da amp plz help me. one more thing if u culd suggest me wat shuld i learn n how can i make tune of myself
I'm bored so translation:
Hey there everyone. I'm new to guitar playing, been playing for 3 months. I can play chords, read tabs and can play a few songs while singing. ?True to say that I'm liking the amp? but I don't know how to get the right tone for a particular song or which tone suits most and don't know how to make a distorted sound. It's really hard playing electric guitar without the right sound but I need help with amp settings. My guitar is a yamaha and my amp is a yamaha GA-15. Anyone have clear ideas about the amp settings? Please help me. One more thing if you could suggest to me what I should learn and how I can ?Tune my guitar/Make a certain tone myself?.

Parts I think I got wrong are in question marks. How sad is it that I understand that
Last edited by storm20200 at Sep 2, 2010,
The 'da' and iz' made me lol.
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
Quote by storm20200
I'm bored so translation:
Hey there everyone. I'm new to guitar playing, been playing for 3 months. I can play chords, read tabs and can play a few songs while singing. ?True to say that I'm liking the amp? but I don't know how to get the right tone for a particular song or which tone suits most and don't know how to make a distorted sound. It's really hard playing electric guitar without the right sound but I need help with amp settings. My guitar is a yamaha and my amp is a yamaha GA-15. Anyone have clear ideas about the amp settings? Please help me. One more thing if you could suggest to me what I should learn and how I can ?Tune my guitar/Make a certain tone myself?.

Parts I think I got wrong are in question marks. How sad is it that I understand that

Thank you for the translation! It helped a little, but I still don't completely understand what he was wanting to know.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by FS4
Hey there everyone, I have recently started playing electric guitar. I have been playing for 3 months, I Can play chords, read tabs and I can play a few songs(still trying) I have also been singing along with the playing. True to say I like having the amp but I don't know how to get the mode for a particular song or which one suits most and I don't know how distortion sounds are made . It's really tough to play electric without sound but I need help with my amp settings. My guitar is a yamaha and the amp is a Yamaha GA-15. If anyone has a clear idea about the amp please help me. one more thing if you could suggest to me what I should learn and how can i make tune by myself

Fix'd. (I Think?)
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
You "iz" an idiot, to hell with this, I ain't gonna keep reading that load of jibberish !
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
dude, WTF are you writing, it's like an ebonics lesson or something SHEESH
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!