Hello everyone, I have a quick a quick question about my peavey. I tried to use my friends distortion pedal on my 6505 112+ and for some reason I couldnt figure out to to activate it. I am a noob when it comes to amps. Could someone please tell me how? I just think my Amp needs a little bit of a boost. Thanks in advance

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-112-60W-1x12-Tube-Combo-Guitar-Amp?sku=582106
"That's my bread and butter your f*cking with"......Metalocalypse

----------------------------------------------
Peavey 6505 112+

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
What on earth are you playing if you need to boost your 6505?

Also, you use OD pedals to boost amps, not distortion pedals.

All you do is plug your guitar into the input of the pedal, and plug your amp into the output of the pedal, and then turn it on. Obviously you have to make sure that the pedal has a working battery in it or is connected to a power supply.

To use an OD as a boost, you turn the volume on the pedal all the way up, and the gain down.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Not sure if serious.

You couldn't work out how to activate the distortion pedal? If so, guitar into pedal input, pedal output to amp input. Press the pedal to turn it on.

As an aisde, the 6505 doesn't really need a boost. It has oodles of gain on tap.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Thanks guys. I knew all that. I just wasnt getting anything. The battery must have died then. BTW it wasn't actually a disortion pedal, it was a Digitech effects pedal. I just said it thinking it didnt really matter. Thanks guys.
"That's my bread and butter your f*cking with"......Metalocalypse

----------------------------------------------
Peavey 6505 112+

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Boost.. For.. 6505?

But, why?

I dont know if you're being serious. Most metal bands use a boost in front of a 6505, it tightens everything up and makes the gain more usable.
Whaaaat!!!!!!
Quote by cob666
I dont know if you're being serious. Most metal bands use a boost in front of a 6505, it tightens everything up and makes the gain more usable.

exactly
most bands put the gain on like 4-5 and then boost it gives a much tighter sound

and for TS yehp battery is probably the reason why its not working
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
Quote by cob666

Seriously. It gives a bigger attack sound too, so wtf?

If you're using a pedal to boost a 6505 that's fine, but if you're talking about using a pedal's distortion over the 6505's you need to be punched.
6505 sounds like crap on low volumes ( <5). i use ml-2 when not playing loud and then it sounds amazing
Quote by Reages
6505 sounds like crap on low volumes ( <5). i use ml-2 when not playing loud and then it sounds amazing

you're doing it wrong. I have never had my 6505 over about 3.5 on the post gain and it sounds terrific below that. I can't imagine turning my volume past 4 on mine you would be doing serious ear damage it's that ridiculously loud...
Quote by AxSilentxLine
you're doing it wrong. I have never had my 6505 over about 3.5 on the post gain and it sounds terrific below that. I can't imagine turning my volume past 4 on mine you would be doing serious ear damage it's that ridiculously loud...

That's true.,
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.