Right, so I have EMGs in my guitar. 81 and 85 to be precise. When do the batteries actually wear down? Does my amp have to be on? Does my guitar volume knob have to be up? Does it run down if it's just plugged in?

I seem to be changing batteries more often than I thought I would. I play quite often - at least a few hours a day - and only use this guitar, but I need to know, what should I do to maximise their life?

Thanks!
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
unplug when not in use.

The input jack acts as an on/off switch
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
always unplug the guitar after playing, because when you leave the cable in , it will continue consume energy.
Orange Enthousiast.
Yes it does run down if your guitar is plugged in. It could be the quality of your batteries.. How usually do you need to change your batteries?
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Just unplug the guitar when you don't use it and you will be fine. Leave it plugged will dry the battery out. That's about it.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

All of the above and buy decent batteries. Mine gets through a brand starting with D in about 3-4 months. Cheap ones last about 2 weeks of light use.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by sashki
EMG says the battery life for the pickups is 3000 hours, but I don't know how they measured that.

Damn I agree with that.

Put a lovely top end 9v in, 3 gigs and 1 3h practice later it was dead
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
I've had my esp for about 4 years and at that time i used to play like 8h a day for few months. There was +6 months that my esp was in another town, and after i got it back, i've played few hours a day. This few months i've recorded few songs with reaper witch takes me few hours too, because while recording i change riffs and it takes my sweet time doing beats and all this time my guitar is plugged in. I've learned few songs (by ear) this couple weeks witch has took it's own sweet time and yet i haven't had to change my batteries. It has the same battery as it had when it came from Germany (thomann).