Hey everyone, i need a bit of help in choosing a Classical guitar for myself.

I've been playing guitar for 5 years (both electric and acoustic) and have recently found myself enjoying latin/spanish/classical guitar music.

Let me stress that i only want a cheap classical/spanish guitar, i'm not really looking for something special just the best guitar i can buy for my budget (only £100).

I'm left handed by the way, so i haven't really found many to choose from. However i've been looking at this Santos Martinez SM80, and was wondering what you lot thought:

http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=7388 (it's rrp is £150 so this is a pretty good price).

There's no details on the site but to some up its features it's got a solid spruce top with a mahogany laminate back and side.

So if anyone could suggest me something better i'd appreciate it.
There's riddles in the shadows
They're thrown the way that i'd expect
And people never seem to know
What they least suspect is coming next
Last edited by M_G at Sep 2, 2010,
What's the difference between a left and right handed classical guitar? Th nut and saddle string slots? That's all I can think of.
Quote by W4RP1G
What's the difference between a left and right handed classical guitar? Th nut and saddle string slots? That's all I can think of.

Yeah that's the only difference, but they'd surely need replacing? Anyone i've ever asked about restringing a guitar left handed with it's current set up hasn't recomended it.
No difference between left and right classics afaik. Can't say I'm 100% sure but the saddles have all looked the same, same for the nuts.
I'm a leftie myself and have had three guitars, restrung them all lefie with no problems and didn't see any asymmetries (spelled correctly?)
For going that far out of your way for a leftie classical it sounds as though you might as well get a cutaway....

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
I picked up a takamine 124GS for 150 quid... I love it

Yamaha has budget model C40 I have never played it though...

A quick search 118. Some bargaining and you should be at the mark...

http://uk.shopping.com/Yamaha-Yamaha-C70/info

Also Takamine has a non solid top version of the above..... so you might want to take a look at that too..... the cheap valencias i tried were utter shite... so i'd stay away from them...

Even though you are a vet , I'll be captain obvious and suggest ...better try them out first....

GL & Cheers!

Edit : Will require to be re-strung from the looks of it....
Last edited by HGedia at Sep 4, 2010,
Thanks everyone, i'm gonna hold out and have a better look around (other brands etc), if i don't have to specifically get a lefty that'd really open my options up.

Thanks again.