Right, I know there are many threads on this particular subject.

However, I REALLY need a change in amp! I have recently got a Schecter C7 ATX and absolutely LOVE it! Best guitar ive played in a long time.

However (again)...I have a Line6 Spider 212...which sounds appalling.

I dont have a big budget (maybe £200/$300), so I was looking at maybe getting a second hand Peavey Vypyr, 30/75w.

What do you guys think about these amps? Anyone suggest any other amps in this price range?
If you're looking to buy new you're not going to get a better amp than your spider for that amount. Do you gig or practice with a band or is this just for bedroom use? I assume you're looking for a high gain amp?

The vypyr would be a step up from the spider but not a very big one at all. I'd look around for any used high gain tube combos in your area.

Personally I'd stick with the Spider until you can get a budget that is more like twice that amount. I guess you could always try and sell your spider as well to give you some extra $$ but im not sure how much you could get for it.
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Sep 2, 2010,
I wouldnt be able to get much I dont think.

I dont gig or play in a band but I do record from time to time and the USB interface on the Vypyr 75 interests me! I know someone selling one second hand for £120/$180 so I may just go for that and sell the line6 later. The Line6 sounds crud with the Schecter, the B string just gets lost in fuzz.
Quote by Sephirangel
I wouldnt be able to get much I dont think.

I dont gig or play in a band but I do record from time to time and the USB interface on the Vypyr 75 interests me! I know someone selling one second hand for £120/$180 so I may just go for that and sell the line6 later. The Line6 sounds crud with the Schecter, the B string just gets lost in fuzz.

getting the vypyr from that person is probably your best bet. if your getting lost in fuzz it might have something to do with how your EQ is as well.