I think I may start playing bigger venue's pretty soon so I want to go wireless for more mobility. Ideally something that can hook onto the strap or something though, so I can throw my guitar around. Preferably something Mid-Range in quality and price. No figures over $300, but around 200 or below preferably.

I haven't read up much on wireless systems, but generally I don't want something coloring or compressing my tone too much, something with a reliable signal that wont get much interference, portability or maybe something in stombox form like those line 6 g30's or whatever, and something with a decent battery life or included power supply.

Any suggestions?
well 200 or below (or even up to 300) isnt a mid range budget, so good luck getting a mid range wireless for that.

if you can get a G30, thats the best youre gonna do for around that budget.
What's the price range of mid-range equipment then? Still open to any quality suggestions that may be above that. I'm not opposed to waiting a bit longer and spending on something that'll last longer and something of greater quality.

Also, buying wireless systems used over ebay... would that be alright, or is a wireless system something you generally want to purchase new or not over the internet?
Don't expect great performance from the cheaper ones. They will tend to color, or compress the sound. To get a decent unit, you'll need to spend somewhere close to a grand. If you just plan to use it around the house, a cheaper one may be fine. Check out the online reviews at Guitar Center and Musician's Friend, then decide for yourself. You can also probably test them at your local GC.
Well to give you an idea, top of the line stuff is gonna run around $1000-1200. Lectrosonics makes one I'm particularly fond of, and it's the best I've used or even know of.

Anything that would go for under $300 new, I wouldn't bother with. The G30 is about the cheapest wireless system worth buying.

Mid range would be somewhere in the range of $500-600ish. A Shure USLX, would be a nice choice, or if you can find one used somewhere, the AKG WMS400 was awesome, and only like $400 or so new I think. They've been discontinued though.

eBay should be fine for something like this. Just as always, ask via the "ask seller a question about this item" link to confirm everything is in working condition, that way if it isn't you can dispute through eBay that the item was misrepresented as being in working order, and they'll be able to pull up that question as evidence.
Quote by josephde
Well to give you an idea, top of the line stuff is gonna run around $1000-1200. Lectrosonics makes one I'm particularly fond of, and it's the best I've used or even know of.

Anything that would go for under $300 new, I wouldn't bother with. The G30 is about the cheapest wireless system worth buying.

Mid range would be somewhere in the range of $500-600ish. A Shure USLX, would be a nice choice, or if you can find one used somewhere, the AKG WMS400 was awesome, and only like $400 or so new I think. They've been discontinued though.

I'll definitely check those out. I'll be running wired for a bit longer than I expected, but I'm sure it's worth the wait. haha. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely look into those. As to the other guy, I wouldn't be really using the wireless in my house. I live in a relatively small home so there's no need. I just get annoyed when I can't move around too much due to being stuck on a 10ft or 20 ft cord. I really regret not saving up for a wireless for playing NAMM last year. I'll definitely not make that mistake again.
Unless you are running around on a stadium sized stage or have a ton of money to blow, I just don't see the point in owning one tbh.

If you're serious about your tone, you would have to drop 1000+ to get some top notch shit, or you could buy several really good instrument cables.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
The Line 6 wireless systems (either x2 or relay) are fantastic. Inexpensive, digital, great range, and can run off a standard 9v power supply on a pedalboard.