I wanted to build an amp b4 summer was over. Well the end of summer kind of crept up on me so a decided instead of doing a large point to point build I would just settle for the Baby Will. I have been working on it all day and I have 2 question.

1: I bought a 3 way switch to do OFF/POWER/STANDBY. My question is how do I wire it? The layout provided by the site shows how to lay it out for a power and standby switch. If you are wondering it has 4 prongs and looks just like the power switch. I'm thinking I put a jumper where the standby is and put this switch in place of the power switch.

2: I also just bought a power cable with three wires in one big wire. I dont have the socket or the connector. So I also need to know how to wire this because its not shown on the baby will. The wire colors inside are black white and green.

Here is the layout I have been referring to.

More questions to come most likely. When I'm done I will replace this post with pictures and sound clips. Thank you as always

-Xavier Torgerson
For the power cord it should be as follows

Green is Ground
White is Hot
Black is Neutral

You will need to get a strain relief for this, otherwise you run the risk of pulling the cord out of the amp.

If you have a multi-meter, you can check the continuity between switch terminals in different positions and figure it out from there.

I'll make a guess and say that the two center terminals would be where power should be connected, and the two upper terminals would be where you move the red standby wires to, but confirm this with a multi-meter.

Jumpering the two wires that are connected to the standby switch would mean that you are never in standby.
Quote by XgamerGt04
For the power cord it should be as follows
If you have a multi-meter, you can check the continuity between switch terminals in different positions and figure it out from there.

I'll make a guess and say that the two center terminals would be where power should be connected, and the two upper terminals would be where you move the red standby wires to, but confirm this with a multi-meter.

Jumpering the two wires that are connected to the standby switch would mean that you are never in standby.

Ok so I say i put 2 of the power wires to the center lugs then 2 of the standby wires to the top lugs. Then what do I do with the other two power wires there are 4.

Also how would you recommend I mount the power cord?
That power switch currently breaks both the Hot and Neutral wires from the power transformer. Instead, connect the neutral wire directly to the transformer. Then wire the Hot wire and 1 transformer wire to the switch.

Like I said though, check the switch with a multi-meter as I am not entirely sure if that is how it will work out, just a guess based on what I have seen.
Ok great makes sense to me. Is the hot wire the yellow one in the layout? Also anyone have recommendations on how to drill the 7/8" hole for the tubes to slide through? I'm thinking of drilling a 1/2" and filing it out. One final question by the outputs there are Marshall style jacks well I have a generic jack. Which lug on the Marshall style is ground and which is hot?
Also in the switch diagrammed which wire from the power cord is connecting to which wire of the transformer? I dont know how the switch is configured in the layout. Here this would be easier... what colors do I take out?