Which one is better? (or do you prefer?)
and why?

And what kind of speakers do i need for these? (celestions etc?)
and is 4x10" enough for 1 of these heads?

Thanks!
Gear,
- LakLand 55-01 Quilted maple top
- Epiphone Korina Explorer bass
- Hartke HA 3500
- Peavey BX 115
- Peavey Minx 110 amp
- Crafter acoustic guitar
I like the HA better because of the ability to blend SS and tube sound, but it's really up to you. 410 should be plenty, but I prefer it with the 115 on the bottom. Again, it is all YOUR preference, not what we say.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Yea, but i've heard that a few smaller ones are better then 1 big one
Gear,
- Hartke HA 3500
- Peavey BX 115
- Peavey Minx 110 amp
I use an LH500 because to me it just sounded better than the HA3500 plus at 8ohm the LH500 puts out 350 watts while the HA3500 puts out 250 watts. Although in real terms thats not a significant difference it is still more power from the LH500.

I run my LH500 through a Hartke VX410 cab and trust me it's more than loud enough for any situation I've found myself in
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Is there a really big difference in quality? or is it just taste?
Because i can get the HA3500 for like €100 cheaper (2nd hand) and the LH new
Gear,
- Hartke HA 3500
- Peavey BX 115
- Peavey Minx 110 amp
I wouldn't say there's a quality difference. It's just the LH500 catered to my taste better than the HA3500
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Hmm k, im currently practising home, but if i want to record or gigs or w/e would that be enough?
And what about the speakers? (celestions etc.?)
Gear,
- Hartke HA 3500
- Peavey BX 115
- Peavey Minx 110 amp
either amp with a 410 cab would be easily loud enough for any gig you're likely to do short of playing a stadium.

The speakers in any hartke cab will be made by hartke. They don't outsource speakers.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Ok thanks dude!
You helped me alot =D, i'll test them out then
Gear,
- Hartke HA 3500
- Peavey BX 115
- Peavey Minx 110 amp
Yeah, just do the one you like better! Like he said, the LH is technically more powerful, but in that difference isn't great enough to set the amps apart for that specific reason. It will be more difficult, but if you can, see how the different 410 cabs act. Around the 400-600 range, there are several series that they have. I'm not sure of the difference between them, really. (I know some are paper and others are metal, but I'm not too sure beyond that).
Now say his name.....
btw, i read somewhere that the HA3500 has headphone plug, but does the LH have it too?
Gear,
- Hartke HA 3500
- Peavey BX 115
- Peavey Minx 110 amp
Quote by phoenix555
btw, i read somewhere that the HA3500 has headphone plug, but does the LH have it too?

nope

but i don't think the HA does either
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Is the HA 2500 and the HA 3500 the same except the amount of watt?
Gear,
- Hartke HA 3500
- Peavey BX 115
- Peavey Minx 110 amp
I believe so
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
The HA2500 has a straight solid state preamp and a tube emulation solid state preamp that you can blend together while the HA3500 has a straight SS preamp and straight tube preamp that you can blend together. And finally the LH500 just has a tube preamp.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
What is better then? 4 small ones or 2 12" or 1 15"?
Gear,
- Hartke HA 3500
- Peavey BX 115
- Peavey Minx 110 amp
Did they stop making 350 watt HA3500's recently? I bought mine and then they just seemed to disappear. the model is 250 watts now.
I love my HA3500 but I wouldn't buy the newer models. I would just get the LH and a rackmout or two for tone shaping.

EDIT: nvm they still make 350 watt heads. When I ordered this they sent me the rack-mount version by mistake though. I actually like it better.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/3500/

I'd go with the 4x10 and get a 15 to add later whichever head you decide.
Mine sounds pretty good with the paper cones. You can check out the band "rivers of nihl" to hear what it sounds like I saw them and the guy had a hartke ha3500+4x10+1x15 set-up.
Last edited by matt-attack at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by phoenix555
What is better then? 4 small ones or 2 12" or 1 15"?

There is no better, it is all up to you!
Now say his name.....