Hey. I've got a guitar with a wilkinson tremolo bridge fitted. I think it's a WVS50K seen here: http://www.jhs.co.uk/wilkinson.html The trouble is that it came stock on a second hand guitar I bought, but after use the trem arm is wobbly and doesn't stay tight regardless of adjusting the allen bolt holding it in, and the other hex screws have been stripped making ntonation adjustments impossible.

So I'm looking for a replacement bridge, but the two studs fitted to the guitar are set at 63mm (2.5") apart which seems lightly wider than the standard 2 point tremolo spacing. Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before, or whether they know of any other bridges that fit this. Ideally Idon't want to get the same trem again after what has happened to this one, or have to redrill for new posts and refinish....etc

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

well i have heard of the wilikinson wobble and i think that that is inherent to the design
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
hmm, the thing is on another guitar I have a wilkinson WVPGD model trem fittedand it's perfect, no wobble and the right tension to the trem. Maybe the WVS is made of a poorer metal and has worn over time.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22

Anyone else have any other suggestions? I've heard that squier standard strats have the same 63mm stud spacing on their 2 point trems? If anyone could confirm this I'd be really greatful!
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22