I just got a new 7-String and so far the only bands I listen to that use them are Trivium, Unearth, Whitechapel, and Suicide Silence... recommendations for any other bands that count anything like these or just metal bands in general that use 7-strings?
Nevermore!!!
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Off the top of my head right now there is

Beneath The Massacre
Morbid Angel
Pig Destroyer
Spawn Of Possession

The list would be about 10 times as long if you were looking for bands who tuned a 6 string down to B or below!
Impending doom,Deftones,Korn,Fearffactory,divine heresy, God forbid, meshuggah,
This is a MotherFxcking Invatation
early meshuggah
korn
occasionally Dream theater
nevermore
divine heresy
fear factory
that's all i can think of off the top of my head...
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Amon Amarth... They use a normal 6 string guitar detuned to B, but I think it's easier with your guitar already having that string. Anyway, what guitar is it???

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

it's an Ibanez RG7321 which is just about the greatest guitar I've ever owned and yes i'm trying Amon Amarth.
Quote by flame843
also, Scar Symmetry are too SLOW for you to play? are you swisgaar skwigelf or something?

haha I meant like... I like to play fast stuff, not just chords played fast... if that makes any sense...
Quote by flame843
linkin park never used seven strings, they just downtuned to C sharp. also this is the metal forum, lol.

to contribute, Nile.

also, Scar Symmetry are too SLOW for you to play? are you swisgaar skwigelf or something?

Nile plays in 6 strings.
All Shall Perish play in 7.
Quote by dillonrips7
All Shall Perish play in 7.

yeah, but they play in drop B, which for them is raising all the strings but the low B up a whole step, which could damage my guitar.
Portal.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
FAIL THREAD IS FUCKING FAIL.

trivium lolzzz!!!1!
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
new xiphonobox metal custom made by Muhammed Suckmeoff
looks sick man

I've noticed with the exception of a very few bands,most good metal bands just tune down with a six string.Mortician tune to a low f on a six string,its a good time.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Emperor on Prometheus. A good portion of Ihsahn's solo garb too.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Riffmast
new xiphonobox metal custom made by Muhammed Suckmeoff
looks sick man

I've noticed with the exception of a very few bands,most good metal bands just tune down with a six string.Mortician tune to a low f on a six string,its a good time.
I play in B on a Strat with completely stock pickups
Yeah i do Bb standard on an Ibanez IC400,works for me.Also **** EMG's!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by warpigssmile
haha I meant like... I like to play fast stuff, not just chords played fast... if that makes any sense...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CZI5nDreW0

So you don't know what you're talking about then?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Steve08
Goddamn that was great!

I'd like to see Nolly try and tackle Jarzombek's solo in Synaptic Plasticity, though, that would be incredible...

From what I know about Nolly and having just checked the solo... I'm pretty certain he'd be capable of it with relative ease, it doesn't sound too hard compared to some of the stuff I know he can do but I doubt he'll be doing many covers for the forseeable future, Red Seas Fire are busy working on their release.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I think Outworld used 7 and sometimes 8
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
I think Outworld used 7 and sometimes 8

Yeah, either 7s in Bb or 8s in Bb with a high Ab.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Psychopathology
Was this from Magero's last concert with Aeternitas?

Clearly that's a Slice The Cake rehearsal, duh.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
nevermore, dream theater, trivium (new album is basically the only good one), and if your up for the challenge rusty cooley
Axenstar, Mutiny Within, Trivium, Epica, Blindsspott, Disarmonia Mundi(I think), Sonata Arctica,
Solution .45.
Bands that play B Standard on 6 strings:

Soilwork
Five Finger Death Punch
Quote by Crimson J.
Axenstar, Mutiny Within, Trivium, Epica, Blindsspott, Disarmonia Mundi(I think), Sonata Arctica,
Solution .45.
Bands that play B Standard on 6 strings:

Soilwork
Five Finger Death Punch
5FDP suck and are actually drop B.