I know its not great and I know its probably sounds awful but can anyone here tell me some basic settings or how to get a half decent sound from a fender custom through a 15-watt Behringer GM-108

its free and on loan to me for a few weeks and its the only electric gear ive got so just try and be helpful yeh? thx
The Behringer GM-108 is almost definitely a terrible amp
I think it's the same as what my first amp was...but I barely fiddled with it.

What I can tell you though, to actually help, set all the dials at 5 (or 12 o'clock if it doesn't work by numbers), keep it clean I'd suggest, and then give it a big ol' strum of your favourite open chord.
If you feel there's something missing, pump it up on the EQ.
Like for example, if the tone seems thin, stick a bit more bass on, if it seems too shrill, take a bit of treble off, etc etc.

All you can really do is meddle with it til you find what you like.
thanks punk ninja ill just mess around
sorry to be a noob whats EQ?

also why clean? its got US UK Flat on one switch labelled speaker, clean hi gain hot on teh other with is just a drive boost far as i can tell on the mode selector and a switch labelled amp has the options tweed british and calif
Quote by FyreTiger2K
thanks punk ninja ill just mess around
sorry to be a noob whats EQ?

also why clean? its got US UK Flat on one switch labelled speaker, clean hi gain hot on teh other with is just a drive boost far as i can tell on the mode selector and a switch labelled amp has the options tweed british and calif

EQ = Equalizer = treble/mid/bass knobs

and you should keep it clean because my experience with cheap starter amps tells me that the distortion is so horribly repulsive, the state can remove children from your home if they happen to hear to it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 2, 2010,