Page 1 of 2
why is metal condemned as a lower class of music?

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Heavy metal began as a working class music and it's never really removed itself from that. Maybe with future generations it'll grow to become another era in classical music which will then elevate it higher than how it is already percieved
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Jealousy.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Lower class in what way?

People these days prefer rap and all that, the stuff that, in my opinion, is easy to write.
E-adopted by Andrea55

Quote by RubberPuppiessu
sucks to be you

Quote by metal4eva_22
you fail on so many levels it's funny

Formspring

[Insert statement here]
Quote by severed-metal
Metal sucks, that's why.

sad face

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
I dislike it, I don't consider it a lower class of music.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
People, especially older people, often frown upon the faster and more aggressive tempos and concepts, because it makes them feel uncomfortable. *generic but true answer*
I personally love metal.
Quote by dustyboy316
Jealousy.

highly agree!!!!

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
Why does it matter? Listen to what you want to with no mind to what people think about it.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Lower class? Of all the people I know who listen to metal, I'm the only one who isn't middle-upper class.
Quote by Venice King
I dislike it, I don't consider it a lower class of music.

my parent consider it random rambling

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
Because no one wants to believe what they don't like something that is high class.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by robhc
Lower class? Of all the people I know who listen to metal, I'm the only one who isn't middle-upper class.

I know heY?

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
Quote by Bamitchell
Because no one wants to believe what they don't like something that is high class.

especially rappers and hip hop (I am not being racist)

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
Why does metal feel the need to defend itself from no existent attacks all the time? Who's calling metal low class?

^^^

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
probably because the bands you show people are ****ing shit.

what u mean?

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Why does metal feel the need to defend itself from no existent attacks all the time? Who's calling metal low class?

^^^

Politics, Parents, God

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
It's probably due to the image of the metal bands. Most rock music has this "underground" kinda image, just like how rappers are "gangsta". The top artists are multi-millionaires, they're the furthest you could get from gangsta or underground.

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

These guys are ****in loaded... but they don't look like it, do they?
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by idkputanamehere
because of the song structure and the use of too much distortion

this.

if you're looking for technical mind-fuckery, metal isn't really where you'd look. And because styles have been ripped and re-done so much it's sounding unoriginal
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Jiggzy.UK

I feel like everyone in the Pit should read this post. I'm getting pretty tired of these threads, really.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by gacharya
It's probably due to the image of the metal bands. Most rock music has this "underground" kinda image, just like how rappers are "gangsta". The top artists are multi-millionaires, they're the furthest you could get from gangsta or underground.

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

These guys are ****in loaded... but they don't look like it, do they?

yeah

(Invalid img)

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
i am doing an assignment on this topic so i need some info from individuals

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
Quote by severed-metal
Metal sucks, that's why.

See, this guy knows what high class is.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by thommoboy
Politics, Parents, God

Where do you live?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
It's not a lower form of music if you're into metal.

It's only considered a lower form of music because people outside of the metal community don't like it.

Quote by BladeSlinger

*bows*
Quote by skater dan0
Heavy metal began as a working class music and it's never really removed itself from that. Maybe with future generations it'll grow to become another era in classical music which will then elevate it higher than how it is already percieved

As much as I hate sounding like a suck up, especially to mods (nothing personal), this honestly sums it all up perfectly.

Started in the factories, and now days it's pretty much a more general version. Metal isn't really something that you can fake your way into, it's always been the "work your guts out for life and then maybe make enough money to rent your own apartment" style of music. Between that, and the fact that metal is varying levels of NOIIIISEEEE, it's just got the overall vibe of a genre that only the "lesser" would be interested in.

It's not like it really matters, because anyone who's actually spent time listening to some of the various forms of metal will at least be able to appreciate the compositional genius that is involved in some metal bands.
Quote by Jiggzy.UK

^^^
Thank you! People are always jumping to the defence of metal from some imaginary attack. It's one of the the world's biggest and most popular genres, owning a massive amount of CD and gig ticket sales. It's not lower class in any sense, but metalheads like to think it is.
Quote by thommoboy
my parent consider it random rambling

A lot of music can be perceived as random rambling, if you personally don't see the importance of something someone is saying, isn't that what it is? A lot of times music is stereotyped by a few musicians as well, so people judge whole genres based on what is most popular. For example, a lot of today's top charting rap/hip-hop songs are what i perceive as rambling, due to the repetitive lyrics about money/hoes/imagery, but i don't judge the whole genre or the people who listen to it by these most well-known songs. But since today's world is too judgmental, some people frown upon a whole culture/type of music without a second thought.
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Where do you live?

Australia

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
Quote by BladeSlinger

lolololllol

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
Because metal, for the most part, is angry, aggressive music. People seem to enjoy feeling like they're above anger and aggression like that. I don't really see anybody saying that metal is 'low-class' or anything, but they kind of treat it that way sometimes, especially amongst the older generations. Younger people don't seem to do it as much. It's never really bothered me, though. I enjoy it, so I'll listen to it, regardless of what other people say.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by destroy_techno
Because your average Slayer yelling, beer guzzling metalhead is really stupid

true

IM NOT SPAMMING!!!!!
Quote by severed-metal
It's not a lower form of music if you're into metal.

It's only considered a lower form of music because people outside of the metal community don't like it.

*bows*

I seriously believe that the chaps that complain about metals bad name are fans of metal for precisely that reason. It's got a bad name.

I know all metal fans aren't like this, but you know what kind of kid I'm talking about.

I don't care that because I play acoustic most of the time people expect me to own a trilby hat and be a douche bag, because i know i don't and I'm not.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Page 1 of 2