i'm interested in buying the fox 18 kit off brown note.
http://store.bnamp.com/voxlite18kits1.html

i haven't got much experience with soldering and electronics (done some pickups but thats all), so i'm wondering how challenging this will be for me to put together. my dad reckons he could probably make it, but i'd be mostly flying solo.

also, does anyone have some experience with the brown note amps? i'm after a thick voxy sort of tone for chimey cleans to mid gain sort of stuff (pearl jam or RATM would be as far as i go, and i've got an OD for that). i've tested out the new cc2 and its close but just seems to be lacking something.

cheers
will
lol brown note amps i've never heard of them, but sounds like false advertising if I've ever heard it!
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I've heard of them. Some UGer made a video of their 18 watt Marshall clone and it actually sounded pretty kickass. He nailed some Led Zep tones out of it.
i'm guessing there aren't any instructions for it, but you can find a lot of sources on the internet on how to build an amp kit (like this forum). somebody made a guide on making an amp from an amp kit too, so i think it's a possibility.

i think it was george metropolus that had a very nice amp kit instruction somewhere. if you have absolutely NO holes to drill in the chassis, i say it's pretty easy. just watch out for the wires and be patient making it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I wouldn't order from Brown Note right now. The amps are really nice, but the wait time for kits are in the months now, or that is how it has been for D'Lite kits. I'd email them first before you order to see lead time.
Quote by ECistheBest
i'm guessing there aren't any instructions for it, but you can find a lot of sources on the internet on how to build an amp kit (like this forum). somebody made a guide on making an amp from an amp kit too, so i think it's a possibility.

i think it was george metropolus that had a very nice amp kit instruction somewhere. if you have absolutely NO holes to drill in the chassis, i say it's pretty easy. just watch out for the wires and be patient making it.

yeah the chassis is all pre-punched. there's no step by step instruction but there's a good wiring diagram for it, so hopefully i can figure it out.

i'm also looking at some of the ceriatone amps, maybe the dc30 clone. the site looks a bit shoddy but they seem to have a good rep.