i want limp bizkits tone such as in the beginning of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wkk82x6tPA
i know wes uses mesa boogie dual rectifier, but you see the beginning, the high gain channel, is that how mesa boogie sounds or is that extra effects aswell? coz i want a new amp head but im deciding, pretty sure a mesa boogie, gonna look into randall, but im pretty sure i want a mesa, i know dual rectifier is wat most bands use for such a sick tone, but mark 5 is out now and its supposed to be the shit lol, any comments plz?
Last edited by dareheaven at Sep 2, 2010,
also a note, i have done online research of the mesa boogie amps, but i cant really say much coz theres many downsides on people reviewing, they just show of soloing, but with solos you really cant make out the tone, i mean come on your showing of the tone not the skills get realy reviewers lol, i tried looking for guitar covers with mesa boogies of limp bizkit, found some sounds ok but i need more info, i would go to a store with high end amps like mesa boogies, randalls, but there like NON that sell those around me, id travel hours but so far i have found non
As far as I know (could be wrong) Wes Borland has used a variety of amps such as : Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple Rectifiers, Diezel VH4's, and supposedly more recently has gotten into Orange amps (not sure which model).

I think if you get a MesaBoogie Dual or Triple you'll be fine for hitting the Limp Bizkit tone since that was used quite a bit in Limp Bizkits history, not to mention, Mesa's are very good for modern rock/alternative/metal. In other words, you can't go wrong with a Mesa Boogie Rectifier.
yup in dat video he uses the dual rectifier, but wat about the mesa boodie dual rectifier vs mesa boogie mark 5, is the tone pretty much same, better? explain please
Unfortunately I don't know very much about the Mark series. I wouldn't say that one is 'better' than the other per se, but instead that they are just different. From what I understand the Mark 5 is not as 'aggressive' or 'brootal', or whatever term you want to use, when compared to the Dual/Triple Rec's. The Mark 5 I believe is more versatile but not as thick and 'heavy' as the Dual/Triple Rec's.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help in this regard.
Go to mesa's site, they have a mar v demo with lamb of god, y\its shows its tonde off well. ima recto guy personally though
Quote by Jaredmkl
Go to mesa's site, they have a mar v demo with lamb of god, y\its shows its tonde off well. ima recto guy personally though

ill have a look mate, cheers
The grammar gods invented these awesome things that divide sentences called periods! Haha, nah man I'm just ****ing with you. Commas are fun too! On a serious note though, the Mark V is a great amp. It's super versatile and sounds great. That being said, it took me a while to get good tones out of it. There are just so many knobs and switches and it took me a while to get it dialed in. When I finally did it sounded great though. However, if you're looking for that specific tone I'd say save some coin and just stick with the recto. It's a good amp and it will give you that sound and so much more.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Sep 2, 2010,
Quote by soul_power
The grammar gods invented these awesome things that divide sentences called periods! Haha, nah man I'm just ****ing with you. Commas are fun too! On a serious note though, the Mark V is a great amp. It's super versatile and sounds great. That being said, it took me a while to get good tones out of it. There are just so many knobs and switches and it took me a while to get it dialed in. When I finally did it sounded great though. However, if you're looking for that specific tone I'd say save some coin and just stick with the recto. It's a good amp and it will give you that sound and so much more.

ill probs go with the recto, hmm, what about triple or dual, what are the differences? is triple better then the dual?