i ordered a sr-370 from rondo. seems pretty decent, except it came with the neck totally f'ed up. like dead notes everywhere... so i raised the action, but it didn't really help much? like there's still dead notes, like, everywhere...

what do i do?!

i want to play the damn thing, but a 60$ setup from guitar center is too much..where should i start in fixing this..
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
contact rondo?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
dude that sounds uber disappointing, look down your neck from the head stock and see if it has any bow.

how high is the action currently?

check that all the frets are level too
You might just have a bow in your neck.. You will probably need to change the amount of relief your neck has.

If it's an actual fret problem, contact Rondo, I hear the guy is EXTREMELY helpful when it comes to customer support. Shoot him an E-mail and I bet you could get things straightened out for free. (Terrible pun)
You've easily got a couple of choices here:

Contact the manufacturer/seller.
Do the setup yourself.
Take it into GC, or another store and have them do it for you.

Honestly, doing a setup isn't all that hard. I learned how to do it out of necessity. My second guitar had a bad setup, so I took it into GC. They really screwed it up, making it worse than before. At that point, I decided it was time I learn how to do my own. Granted, there are some thing you won't be able to do, but every guitarist should learn how to perform their own basic setup.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
You might just have a bow in your neck.. You will probably need to change the amount of relief your neck has.

If it's an actual fret problem, contact Rondo, I hear the guy is EXTREMELY helpful when it comes to customer support. Shoot him an E-mail and I bet you could get things straightened out for free. (Terrible pun)

i thought it was a good pun tbh lol
Sounds like you need more neck relief. Press down at the 1st and 16th frets, and check how much space there is between the top of the frets and the bottom of each string, there should be about 1-1.5mm if you like your action really low.
If there is less, you need to loosen your truss rod. If you aren't comfortable doing this, take it to a tech/luthier and have it set up. It might cost a bit, but the guitar will play a lot better after a professional setup.
You just had a guitar shipped from New Hampshire to Wisconsin during the last week of August, of course the setup is hosed! I guarantee you that the guitar needs neck adjustments, but let it acclimate to the local humidity for a few days first.
Quote by jpnyc
You just had a guitar shipped from New Hampshire to Wisconsin during the last week of August, of course the setup is hosed! I guarantee you that the guitar needs neck adjustments, but let it acclimate to the local humidity for a few days first.

+1

You'd be surprised by how much something like humidity can affect a guitar neck.

If, on the other hand, you find it is something wrong w/ the neck itself, just contact Kurt from Rondo and explain the situation yo him. I had to send a guitar back to them once. They paid for the return shipping, fixed the problem and had it back to me in three days.

Try getting service like that from Gibson, Ibby or Schecter.
thanks for all the replies..i drove to guitar center only to find out that a setup will be 65 bucks... i did contact curt..so far nothing yet. as of right now the 1st fret's distance from the strings is pretty small, where as the lower frets (20th and on) are high. i turned the truss a little bit (not sure which way) with not much difference.. and i'm afraid i'll total the guitar.

it kinda blows, i was totally psyched to get my first seven..

Peavey Triple X Head
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Last edited by natehimself at Sep 2, 2010,
Quote by natehimself
thanks for all the replies..i drove to guitar center only to find out that a setup will be 65 bucks... i did contact curt..so far nothing yet. as of right now the 1st fret's distance from the strings is pretty small, where as the lower frets (20th and on) are high. i turned the truss a little bit (not sure which way) with not much difference.. and i'm afraid i'll total the guitar.

it kinda blows, i was totally psyched to get my first seven..

Don't sweat it. Kurt will get you squared away. Wait til you talk to him before you drop $65 on a set-up.
Just message Kurt about it. He will probably ask you to send it back and then send you a new one. But I believe he will refund you for the shipping to send it there and back.
Quote by Darkdevil725
Just message Kurt about it. He will probably ask you to send it back and then send you a new one. But I believe he will refund you for the shipping to send it there and back.

i will. i see you've bought from there before. when you've recieved your guitars are they way out of wack?

Peavey Triple X Head
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
I bought a cheapie agile AL-2000 FR from them once just to play around on, and it came with a scratched neck and a ding on the side. The guitar brand new was 250, and i got 50 back. So imo, for a guitar that cheap, that's a hell of a discount for something that makes absolutely zero difference to it's tone or playability. Kurt and Rondo in general do very good business and look to make their customers happy. One way or the other you'll end up with a good deal and happy.
The sr-370 is only like $180 (I think). Can't expect much quality.....
I leik music
well. i just got back from kurt...and holy shit, i'm amazed with what customer service rondo has. i told him i'm taking it in for a 65$ setup, and he said he'll PAY for the setup, just send him the bill and include what was wrong with it.

I have never seen such amazing customer service in my life.......WOW.

cheers to rondo.

Peavey Triple X Head
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by natehimself
well. i just got back from kurt...and holy shit, i'm amazed with what customer service rondo has. i told him i'm taking it in for a 65$ setup, and he said he'll PAY for the setup, just send him the bill and include what was wrong with it.

cheers to rondo.

Holy crap... that's amazing. 0.o

Are... Are you sure sure you're not making that up? Does such awesome customer support truly exist?
Quote by natehimself

cheers to rondo.

There's a reason once you go Agile you don't go back!

Remember this the next time you hear someone ragging on Agiles for not being "real guitars".

Also, when was the last time you heard someone from Gibson, Ibanez, Schecter, Dean, Fender or any other "real" guitar companies offering to do that for their customers?

Now all you need is an 828 Intrepid and you'll be all set.
i'm not even making this up. i asked if he could "help out" and that was my result. no questions asked..i just got a little over excited knowing i didn't have to pay anything..well...cause i'm broke.

Peavey Triple X Head
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
I know this doesnt have much with this thread to do but is it rondomusic.com? Cus i wanna a buy a guitar of there, but i dont know if i can trust that webpage, doesnt look very reliable. Can i ?
Quote by Nightgaunt

Also, when was the last time you heard someone from Gibson, Ibanez, Schecter, Dean, Fender or any other "real" guitar companies offering to do that for their customers?
To be fair though, I've never heard of Fender, Schecter or Gibson putting out a guitar that needed that much work to be done to it in the first place.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
To be fair though, I've never heard of Fender, Schecter or Gibson putting out a guitar that needed that much work to be done to it in the first place.

I bought a brand new Schecter Hellraiser that had a couple of buzzing frets that no set-up could ever get rid of. Also, that same guitar could never be properly intonated to A standard either, and that's just a single step down. Not like I was dropping a 6 string to B or A or anything.

Now imagine if I called Schecter and said, "Gee guys, I just dropped $700+ on one of your Hellraisers, and I'd like for you to reimburse me the cost of a set-up." Now what do you suppose Schecter would have said to that, hmm?
Quote by Nightgaunt
I bought a brand new Schecter Hellraiser that had a couple of buzzing frets that no set-up could ever get rid of.

I find that very hard to believe. A fret level and re-crown would fix that no worries.
Quote by Nightgaunt
Also, that same guitar could never be properly intonated to A standard either, and that's just a single step down. Not like I was dropping a 6 string to B or A or anything.

Why not?
Quote by Kruuse_51
I know this doesnt have much with this thread to do but is it rondomusic.com? Cus i wanna a buy a guitar of there, but i dont know if i can trust that webpage, doesnt look very reliable. Can i ?

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html

May not be the flashiest site on the web, but it is certainly one of the most reliable.

Here's a YouTube vid review for a Agile Interceptor Pro 727
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtJYWfQsBtQ

And another vid of an Agile 828 in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_NDrgQ7hl4&feature=related

Judge for yourself.
Quote by littlephil
I find that very hard to believe. A fret level and re-crown would fix that no worries.

Why not?

Own any Schecter stock?

Whether you personally find it hard to believe is your own concern, not mine. The fact remains that that particular guitar simply could not handle A standard. Nor did it stay in tune all that well either.

Again, I would ask you what would Schecter say to you if contacted them and asked them to reimburse the costs for a set-up or any kind of minor repair work.
Quote by Nightgaunt
Own any Schecter stock?

Whether you personally find it hard to believe is your own concern, not mine. The fact remains that that particular guitar simply could not handle A standard. Nor did it stay in tune all that well either.

Again, I would ask you what would Schecter say to you if contacted them and asked them to reimburse the costs for a set-up or any kind of minor repair work.

Why don't you email them and find out?
And with a proper setup, any guitar can handle any tuning. Obviously whoever tried to set it up didn't do a very good job.