This is probably a long shot, but have any of you ever analyzed The Unanswered Question by Charles Ives? The string parts interest me in their voice leading/progression. The problem is, I can't find the sheet music anywhere that doesn't charge for it
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
I've never heard the song, but I know a little bit about Ives to give you a heads up into what you're getting into.

He didn't start out in traditional harmony. When he started playing piano his dad had him play the C Major and Db Major scales at the same time. If you haven't figured it out yet, these are half-steps. Imagine learning music in half-steps as opposed to thirds. It will definitely affect the way you hear things and your perception of dissonance and consonance, as well as the way you view harmony, will be a little skewed (according to everyone else).

Now, this does not mean that he didn't study traditional harmony at some point; it's actually highly likely he did. But just know that he might do some REALLY weird things that don't really have a solid explanation for them.