I need a new electric. mine is beat up and i need something to gig with. i don't want a strat/tele/sg/lp style. i dont wanna own something that looks like 20000000 other ppls. i like punk looks(not necessary, but preferred), preferrably flat black. i want humbuckers and single coils (High quality coil taps will suffice), quality nut/tuners/knobs etc.. a tough finish and body, and a better sound than i get with my stagg i300, wich isnt bad, but nothin great, and an amazing neck. ( not sure wat kind the stagg has, but something fast and all around playable like that. Not too thin or thick)
-Your shadow of doubt.
Last edited by phuckoph at Nov 14, 2010,
Well with that kind of description, you're looking at something like a strat. It's pretty hard to find something that isn't copied off of something else.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Quote by phuckoph
new electric. mine is beat up and i need something to gig with. i don't want a strat/tele/sg/lp style. i dont wanna own something that looks like 20000000 other ppls. i like punk looks, preferrably flat black. i want humbuckers and single coils, quality nut/tuners/knobs etc.. a tough finish and body, and a better sound than i get with my stagg i300, wich isnt bad, but nothin great, and an amazing neck. ( not sure wat kind the stagg has, but something fast and all around playable like that.

paperjamz??
Eastwood LA125EQ

_________
Crybaby Wah Standard
Boss SuperChorus

Voodoo Chile )
sry for dblpost, im on a cell phone. i have 750 usd to spend, and ill play thru a peavey envoy 110 amp with some boss pedals. I may buy a cube 60 too. and i dont mind the ibanez looks, but dont care so much for *exact strat body copies n such. oh, and link if u can, pls.
-Your shadow of doubt.
well ima gonna recommend a eastwood-mosrite copy. Ive heard absolutely nothing but praise for the brand. theres the sidejack and theres the Johnny Ramone sig. the sidejack comes with p90s and a TOM or jag-style trem. the JR comes with a TOM, SC, and minihumbucker. more info one eastwoodguitars.com

ps. one plus, you'll have some leftover cash with either
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Quote by phuckoph
new electric. mine is beat up and i need something to gig with. i don't want a strat/tele/sg/lp style. i dont wanna own something that looks like 20000000 other ppls. i like punk looks, preferrably flat black. i want humbuckers and single coils, quality nut/tuners/knobs etc.. a tough finish and body, and a better sound than i get with my stagg i300, wich isnt bad, but nothin great, and an amazing neck. ( not sure wat kind the stagg has, but something fast and all around playable like that.

Your best bet would be a Fender American HSS Strat, or an Ibanez RG1451.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
ok, the rg1451 is cool. i like an hsh layout too. I might own a strat if it were american, the right color, right trem, right pickups (hss or hsh), and all, but i've seen a bunch, and never gotten my hands on one i truly wanted, except one a bud i been jammin wit for 20 years owns. its sweeeeeeet. but hes not comin off it.
-Your shadow of doubt.
like i said you want paperjamz
Eastwood LA125EQ

_________
Crybaby Wah Standard
Boss SuperChorus

Voodoo Chile )
dafto... do u see my username? save urself the trouble and go away.
-Your shadow of doubt.
yeah, i like the ibanez. and the godin fits my sound needs, but i'm not crazy about the neck/headstock. anybody know of any more? these remind me of my stagg a lot. i want a different shape this round. not necessary, but preferred.
-Your shadow of doubt.
Last edited by phuckoph at Sep 3, 2010,
well since you have a decently high price range i would reccommend the higher end b.c. rich models such as this http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-ASM-Pro-Electric-Guitar-105485775-i1396011.gc and http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Mockingbird-ST-512696-i1276270.gc
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
i love the b.c. rich mockingbirds. i'm after passive stuff and some single coils, tho. i may buy one eventually, but not atm.
-Your shadow of doubt.
Yeah, I think a fat strat is what you're looking for. HSS is a very useful config.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by phuckoph
i love the b.c. rich mockingbirds. i'm after passive stuff and some single coils, tho. i may buy one eventually, but not atm.

im not sure if you saw but the mockingbird st has coil taps wouldnt that be alright for you? or you want actual single coils in the guitar and also the mockingbird st is amazing man if your ever thinking about getting it dont think twice i have one and i have no problems with it and i got it in honeyburst by special order from the factory i dont think many people have that exact guitar
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
The fastest necks for a budget would be an RG550 by ibanez a 1221 pacifica by yamaha or 821 a rg 750 washburn high end xl series, some carvins, that's all I can think of for a budget guitar that can take abuse and still hold up, the guitars mentioned above were designed by Rich Laslin and are well built and very comfortable necks the pacifica is the best neck out of all or them, yamaha contracted warmouth for those necks and they are the fastest most comfortable neck I have ever played.
Last edited by B.Cross at Sep 3, 2010,
i dont need the fastest neck, but pretty fast. i play alotta rhythym, but i shred too. and alot in between. i like tthe ibanez rg prestiges, and the mockingbirds. the coil taps are okay, btw.
-Your shadow of doubt.
well if the coil taps are okay with you go for it it also has reverse phase (doesnt do too much) but the coil taps work well and it has the OFR and it stays in tune perfectly also it has a pretty fast neck and it can have some pretty low action on it as well so if that guitar fits your standards go for it! im sure not to mant other musicians you meet will have it either
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
If you're looking for an unusual body style a Hallmark might be the way to go. The problem is that you'll never be able to play one (Edit: Before buying, that is) unless you know someone who has one, The company only deals direct to the customer so it keeps the cost of the guitar down.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Sep 4, 2010,
i don't like buying without trying. i'm gonna spend 20 or so minutes putting a mockingbird through its paces when i can.
*edit- with all those features, it'll prolly take a week
i'm really interested in it. does it come in any colors other than crimson? keep the suggestions comin. i have a semi-open mind
-Your shadow of doubt.
Last edited by phuckoph at Sep 5, 2010,
and the hallmarks r really cool, but i gotta play one first. i'm itchin like a crackhead 10 hours into withdrawal to get a mockingbird in my hands. from some extensive research, they sound just like what i'm looking for. what colors can i get, and is the neck thinner than a strat's? if i had more than cell phone interwebz, i'd check them on youtube.. but i'm a failure...
-Your shadow of doubt.
yes it comes in honeyburst which is what i have and it looks perfect but other then that i think it only comes in that and crimson but its only $700 right now so since you have some extra cash maybe you could special order in a finish you would perfer from B.C. Rich im sure they could do that for you probably

EDIT: i would think the neck is thinner then a strat but im not 100% on it but it plays extremly fast for shred on there i have no problem playing the eruption solo which is decently fast on it and it has easy 24 fret access on top of everything
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Last edited by guitarguyz61 at Sep 4, 2010,
well, my stagg neck = thinner than a strat neck.
*edit I have since played more strats and realized the one I was used to playing had a thick neck... I still think the stagg is a little thinner, but not by such a margin.*

much easier on the hands for lead. if u can play eruption on it, i'm sure it'll be fine for me. most of my shredding is hendrix-style and a lil metal and i play lots of blues and country rhythym when i jam, so a little thicker than what i have would suit me. i have arthritis in my fret-hand, so i like it being comfy for long jams (6-10 hrs. sometimes) and lots of blues-in-E power chord rhythyming (ouch), and still being fast when i feel frisky.
-Your shadow of doubt.
Last edited by phuckoph at Nov 14, 2010,
well i think it would work out perfectly for all that but ive never played 6 hours but if you perfer low action it can go amazingly low with no buzz and its very comfortable to me and the rockifelds can handle anything from metal to blues especially if you play with the coil taps and all the little affects a good setting for acoustic blues type stuff is to have both pickups on use a coil tap on the first pickup and turn the chicken head knob all the way to the left just in case you want a blues type setting when your trying the guitar out
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
im all about the low action. i like large frets, but i can work with jumbo. i'll have to see if bc rich can get me that same finish as the crimson, but with a saphire blue or sumthin (well, after i test one). i'm still open to other guitars if anyone knows any.
-Your shadow of doubt.
Last edited by phuckoph at Sep 5, 2010,
Slides usually come in 2 basic materials, glass or metal. Choosing one material over another comes down to figuring out the sound and feel that is right for you. Glass slides have a mellow sound, but they are more fragile and can break. Metal slides are sturdy and produce a sharper sound.

It is best to play with the slide on the third or fourth finger of your left hand if you play right handed or wear it on the right hand if you play left handed. This will leave your other fingers free to play chords and leads. I've never tried one but I've seen ads in magazines for a slide that is open on one side so it can be rotated around and then you can use that finger to play in the regular fashion when the slide is not needed.

Try on a slide and test it on a guitar in the store before purchasing it to make sure it fits and you like the sound. This is hard to do because sometimes they are packaged up pretty tightly. If this is the case, ask the sales person to get you one out of the package.
Quote by ac--dc
Ever looked at gretch guitars? I think fender makes them.

Quoted solely for the reason that NOBODY else noticed this.

TS, it seems like you're more concerned with what your guitar looks like than what it sounds like...

I'd recommend investing in a new amp, but that's just me... Mediocre guitar through crap-ass amp = bad... Mediocre guitar through great amp = much better sound.

something to think on. Check out some vypyrs or blue voodoos. very nice amps.
------

Shwiggity.
i have seen them in blue type finishes but on the cheaer models not the ST but i think they would still do it though
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
i saw one in blue, but a harsh, btight blue. i want a deep ocean type blue. i'll have to contact them. and "just buy anything" is not helpful. no guitar manufacturer makes every guitar to specs that the buyer will like.
-Your shadow of doubt.
Still taking any ideas for a good guitar... metal to classical, and everything in between. Semi-fast neck. needs to sound epic in at least a few things. Mockingbird st, Ibanez rg, and american fat strat are the top contenders. What else is out there?

*edit

JUST BOUGHT A MOCKINGBIRD ST. and they can't ship it fast enough.
thanks for the help. I never would have found this alone.
-Your shadow of doubt.
Last edited by phuckoph at Nov 15, 2010,
o...m...f....g I've had my Mockingbird for 3 days now, and it is the BEST guitar I've ever played. (I've played at least 100 long enough to test them thoroughly) Millions and millions of thanks for the suggestions, guys. I've played for hours on this beautiful beast, and keep finding more awesome sounds inside her. It's gonna take me months to fully utilize the potential of this guitar. And that's before i get into learning the cool floyd tricks. I've been getting up early just to get an extra hour or so of playing time every day This thing makes me wanna play all day. There should be one of these in every guitar shop just so people could see what they're missing. This + Roland Cube 60 = multiple orgasms. BUY IT AND SATAN WILL COWER BEFORE YOU!
-Your shadow of doubt.