So I'm looking for a tremolo pedal. I love the sounds of old tube driven tremolo, but my amp doesn't have it. So I was wondering what would be the best best pedal for my money? I don't have a pedal as I'm still planning what I want and saving up, but I would probably want to keep it under $200 if possible.

I want JUST tremolo. the Worm gets cool sounds, but has too many features for me to use at once. Just something simple that sounds good. I've looked through some stuff, but I just want me to tell me what you like and I'll go from there.

Thanks for the help
Last edited by Kcintlob at Sep 2, 2010,
Add $30 and get the Diamond Tremolo.

/thread.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

The best trem you can get, in my humble opinion. If you don't want all the extra features you can look at the Catalinbread Semaphore.

Quote by bogg808

on the cheaper side, i like voodoo labs four knobber tremolo. you can get them new for $130ish used for $80. they sound pretty good.

i second the diamond.

also the malekko omnicron series tremolo sounds decent, although i just listened to the demo today.

personally i will be getting the voodoo lab when i find one for the right price.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I like the omicron series, but I don't think you can get that real choppy squarewave on their trem. Also, if you want a cheaper tap trem check out the SD Shape Shifter or the Fulltone Supa Trem.

Quote by bogg808

I'm pretty much sold on the Diamond as of right now. All the tones I've heard so far are the exact ones I've wanted the cover. Plus I like all the different setting and features.

I don't have a problem paying a little more for features, as long as they're ones I would actually use. To me it seems like a lot of the pedals that start going over $200 mark can be completely overpriced and not do enough to justify the price, or do a bunch of stuff I would never really need or use. The Diamond seems to be in the right spot, at least to me anyway.

How rare are they to find used? Because I'm trying to buy anything I can used to save money on pedals.
Last edited by Kcintlob at Sep 3, 2010,
You can occasionally scoop one up on TGP, but I've never seen one on local craigslist. Also look at the Empress Tremolo, it's right up there with the Diamond as far as price/quality.

Quote by bogg808

I'd also look at the Tremulus Lune, it's a great pedal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Knew I forgot something, also diggin the new avatar oldmonkeys.

Quote by bogg808

Check out the Red Witch Pentavocal Trem... it's pretty freaking awesome. The "bottom" knob is the most genious control on a trem I've ever seen.

I have a T.C. Jauernig Luxury Twin-Rate Tremolo, and I gotta say it's pretty darn awesome, handmade quality by a great guy (he's built for the likes of T-Rex), and the twin rate feature is really nice. True boutique.
I think I'm gonna go with the Diamond, thanks for all the suggestions. The Red Witch was a close second, but I guess I just prefer the Diamond.