Page 1 of 2
What was the best cheapest guitar you ever bought. I have tried 3000 dollar guitar that sound like crap and aren't impressive to 300 dollar guitar that sound amazing. Personally ever time I play my omen 6 (no flaming) I am utterly surprised for some reason that the guitar is this good. So what's you best cheapest guitar? Yeah I'm bored so what lolz
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
my 2nd, it was Douglas SIV (V, black, and lefty) for 99$. it was to serve as a replacement as i fixed my 1st guitar which was about 200$.

and the best cheapest would have to be either my P-Bass or my Douglas Hollowbody. the hollowbody sounds orgasmic. (even tuned in B standard )
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Sep 3, 2010,
i got a vw first act guitar for 80$ at guitarcenter used
its a piece of history (for VW)
I can't believe the sound it has
but really need to add parts and recolor and adjust for a investment for the future.
Quote by Damaging_Excess
What was the best cheapest guitar you ever bought. I have tried 3000 dollar guitar that sound like crap and aren't impressive to 300 dollar guitar that sound amazing. Personally ever time I play my omen 6 (no flaming) I am utterly surprised for some reason that the guitar is this good. So what's you best cheapest guitar? Yeah I'm bored so what lolz

You wont get any flaming from me man, i have pretty much given up on expensive guitars.
My best cheap guitar isnt even a guitar, its a bass, well maybe two.
toss up between my 2002 20th anniversary squier affinity P bass, or my 1993 Ibanez EBX 445.

I used to have an old Hamer Slammer P bass back in the day. I loved that bass, it was just so killer, great neck, great tone....I really do miss it.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
my 2nd, it was Douglas SIV (V, black, and lefty) for 99$. it was to serve as a replacement as i fixed my 1st guitar which was about 200$.

and the best cheapest would have to be either my P-Bass or my Douglas Hollowbody. the hollowbody sounds orgasmic. (even tuned in B standard )

And what string gauge does that have on it?

And the best sounding guitar I've ever played... you're not gonna believe me on this one, but a MIM fat strat, stock. I just LOVED the thing.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ok i heard the sx furrian (tele knock off)
are good for 120$
also i bout a dean vendetta xmt
and it dosent sound horrable
they pretty decent
if you ask me

( i hit the enter button to much
Quote by rockjer
ok i heard the sx furrian (tele knock off)
are good for 120$
also i bout a dean vendetta xmt
and it dosent sound horrable
they pretty decent
if you ask me

( i hit the enter button to much

the furrian is pretty good.
also, my agile ghost 7 string is great for the price. not the cheapest guitar, but a hell of a lot cheaper than other guitars with bigger brand names on the headstock with similar features
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
Make sure you put me in your citations at the end. Or at least in your sig.
i have only payed over 350 for my newest guitar, the esp ltd ec-1000. I bought the epiphone g-400 custom shop alpine white for 350 and it's amazing, i'll forever be a SG man for buying that. I also bought a MIM Fender Strat off my friend that gave up on guitar and is now rapping for 200 bucks, it's in perfect condition i just told him it was scratched to **** and everything was junked so it was 200 or no deal. I also got the Rhoads JS30rr i believe it is? anyways it's 200 some bucks too and a great guitar.
$125 Squier Affinity.

But then there was a $100 setup which shimmed the neck, replacing broke tuners with $80 Fender/Schaller locking tuners, $20 Schaller Straplocks, $75 custom pick guard for the $100 worth of Seymour Duncan pups, $25 super switch, $25 S-1 switch/vol pot, $25 co-axial tone pot, and $12 second vol pot, $25 of Mustang/P-Bass S-1 knobs, $5 DiMarzio jack, and $20 of DiMarzio copper shielding. Oh yeah, and a $100 Fender hard case. Still half of what an American Deluxe would be, but without the good trem, roller nut, 22d fret, or high-grade wood.

OK, then maybe the $350 Schecter Avenger I bought in a pawn shop. Oh wait, $250 Sustainiac kit, $50 to mill out a battery compartment, switch holes, and extra control cavity space for the board. $20 strap locks. And $115 for a hard case. Not much cheaper, I guess.

OK, then it must be the Xiphos XPT 700. $6XX w/hard case + $20 strap locks. Nothing else needs replacing.
230 dollar ibanez grx20L, yeah i only own 3 guitars, but for righties its 130.... sooooo ynow
Eh.
I have a USA made peavey predator, wich is like $70, and it's a really fine guitar...but you have to replace the pickups, I currently have GFS greybottom vintage in it.
The new Squier Vibe Teles are the only ones that jumped out to me and said I'M AMAZING BUY ME NAO! They were £250 though.

Apart from that it was an unknown Squier Strat in fiesta red that the youth centre near me had. I keep considering going in and buying it off them for like £8, the neck on that thing was sublime.
It's a toss up between my old Ibanez HSH strat copy,my Ibanez 540R,or my old beat up 7 string.I paid around $400 for all three of these guitars and they all play and sound great.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by oneblackened
And what string gauge does that have on it?

And the best sounding guitar I've ever played... you're not gonna believe me on this one, but a MIM fat strat, stock. I just LOVED the thing.

which guitar?
the V had 11s
the Douglas hollowbody has 13s flatwound
and the bass has 60-125

(oh now i see where this is going )
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Easy, its the one I put a good pkup in. I don't mind spending more on a namebrand pickup than the gtr, as I would the engine vs the rest of the car. Right now I've got a Duncan and a dimarzio, each are in a Samick. Both sound better than my 1979 Lespaul. Wish I'd known in 82! The best cheapest gtr I've ever heard in an arena was Robert Smiths, up to the 84 Top tour.
Quote by Damaging_Excess

exactly what $3000 guitar did you play that was crap and how long have you been playing?

anyways there are pearls in every price range and i'm a firm believer in that. i paid $200 for my Squier Esprit and have to say that it is an excellent guitar. wasn't familiar with them at all when i got it but i plugged it in to a Mesa Lonestar at GC and it had good tone and played well right off the rack.
The Epiphone SG Special I had, I paid $160 for it brand new. The stupid thing outlasted 3 or so other guitars I had owned afterward.. Including an Ibby RG350, Ibby Semihollow, and an LTD H-100 (Even though it was another low-end guitar, it is higher quality than the Epiphone, yet the Epi still was better in my personal opinion.)

I'd dropped my Semi a few times, and one time the jack got pushed through the body, pretty bad accident. The RG had issues with the trem after awhile, and the LTD's electronics starting giving out (I did buy it second hand, but I used it EXTENSIVELY.. Didn't last too long and I traded it for my RG2EX2 I currently own)

I dropped that damn Epiphone probably a thousand times. On the headstock, the body, everything.. I'd hit it on corners and whatnot, and still it never even got a scratch on it.
Quote by oneblackened

I believe you lol.

I think for me, it was weird. There was a used Ibanez RG321. I don't know what, it was all stock, but it was setup nicely. It was weird, like one of a kind.

It was the nicest sub-$300 guitar I've ever played. I tried some other Ibanez's in the same price range (even another RG321) but nothing ever really compared to it.

And I'm not even crazy about Ibanez necks.
Idk how cheap we are talking,but I love my AX40. I think its pretty good for the money.
My Sound Makers
ESP Eclipse II
Epi Les Paul Studio
Fender Blues Jr.
Quote by monwobobbo
exactly what $3000 guitar did you play that was crap and how long have you been playing?

It was a reissue 1958 les paul. I played it for about 20 minutes and was just unimpressed. It was good just not 3800 dollars good. I was more impressed by a 800 dollar gibson studio. Yeah I'm probably gonna get flamed.
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
Quote by XdeathcardX
i got a vw first act guitar for 80$ at guitarcenter used
its a piece of history (for VW)
I can't believe the sound it has
but really need to add parts and recolor and adjust for a investment for the future.

i paid $40 for one at a pawn shop. that thing had great pick ups, sounded great.
are those the ones they gave away with the VWs couple years ago?
My Sound Makers
ESP Eclipse II
Epi Les Paul Studio
Fender Blues Jr.
Quote by Its HypnoToad
are those the ones they gave away with the VWs couple years ago?

yea, it has a built in preamp so you can play it through any mp3 player or ipod input. so your car becomes your amp.

but hooked through a tube amp the preamp is like a built in boost.

they are pretty sick and the stock pick ups sounded great honestly.

defied all logic...
lol thats awesome,i always wondered what kind of guitars those were.

guess gonna keep my eye out for one of those.
My Sound Makers
ESP Eclipse II
Epi Les Paul Studio
Fender Blues Jr.
Mine is a Douglas Debeo Octanis. I was happy with it till recently when it suddenly started to get fret buzz EVERYWHERE no matter what I do I just cant get rid of it now. So soon I will be getting some new fretting tools to fix this issue then I can go back to being happy again. But for the price its an impressive guitar, even the economy humbuckers in it sound pretty decent I can get a nearly perfect Megadeth tone with them.
Pretty much all the Xaviere guitars from guitarfetish.com are great for the price. Also, a lot of the stuff a rondo is good. Definitely have loved all of the Schecters I've played but even the cheapest ones are fairly spendy compared to an Xaviere or SX.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok

... what?
Is this like Wingdings with UG emoticons? D:

As far as guitars go, for $300 a MIM Strat is hard to beat.

My favorite bang-for-buck guitar would probably be the Squier Tele Custom- I've only run into a couple lemons, and one I played had a Fender CS decal the guy put on custom, and if he hadn't told me I wouldn't have known the difference.

But most high-end guitars just feel different- everything is such a higher standard. Though at our local GC's vault I played a 70's or 60's ES-335 and... well, "awful" doesn't scratch the surface. I don't know if the setup was off or what, but it felt like everything I was doing, the guitar was working against me. Sounded nice, though.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I just got a Epiphone G-400 faded Vintage series a few weeks ago and IMO, it's the best 300 dollar guitar that I have ever played. IMO, it's even better than Gibson's overpriced Faded SG series.
Bhaok

The first guitar I ever bought was 12 years ago. Epiphone Les Paul 100. Cheap guitar but oh does it sound and play so good. They are $319 new at musiciansfriend.
I just bought an aria excel standard, with the trade in it cost me £89 (or about $65). L-O-V-E it
I have an ibanez grg270 which I got for £100 and it's the best guitar I have because it's set up perfectly and really easy to play
My name is Jack.
Quote by Pink Muse
... what?
Is this like Wingdings with UG emoticons? D:

As far as guitars go, for $300 a MIM Strat is hard to beat.

My favorite bang-for-buck guitar would probably be the Squier Tele Custom- I've only run into a couple lemons, and one I played had a Fender CS decal the guy put on custom, and if he hadn't told me I wouldn't have known the difference.

But most high-end guitars just feel different- everything is such a higher standard. Though at our local GC's vault I played a 70's or 60's ES-335 and... well, "awful" doesn't scratch the surface. I don't know if the setup was off or what, but it felt like everything I was doing, the guitar was working against me. Sounded nice, though.

Yeah, I was actually really impressed with the Tele Custom. At $250 it's definitely a good deal. I thought it was pretty comparable to a MIM Fender as far as quality goes.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by siverstorm
I believe you lol.

I think for me, it was weird. There was a used Ibanez RG321. I don't know what, it was all stock, but it was setup nicely. It was weird, like one of a kind.

It was the nicest sub-$300 guitar I've ever played. I tried some other Ibanez's in the same price range (even another RG321) but nothing ever really compared to it.

And I'm not even crazy about Ibanez necks.

This is without a doubt the winner. mahogany too.

or maybe the squier cv tele if you like tele's. I wanna pick one of those up and get my twang on.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Stop spamming.

You need to learn what spam is junior.
Bhaok

Page 1 of 2