I'm in love with this band
I just bought their album "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not"
And want to know what you guys think of them!
Post vids of them and give me feedback of great bands like them
Quote by Ghefly
Bands like Arctic Monkeys: Every other indie band?

I think most indie bands are awful, but their first album is one of my favourite albums. So no, they aren't just any other indie band.

But yeah their latest album is great, but they will never be as good as they were on their first album imo. The first album contains some great lyrics that really paints a picture
Humbug is their best album, Potion Approaching and Propeller are the best songs on the album
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
● ● ●.......● ● ●
● ● ● ● ● ● ●
● ● ● ● ● ●
● ● ● ● ● ● ●
● ● ●.......● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
The way I see it, the Arctic Monkeys peaked far to early. The first album was amazing...but since then they've kind of been on a downward spiral. The second album, whilst still good, wasn't quite as good as the first, and the third album was worse again and didn't appeal to me that much at all. To be honest I'm dreading hearing the fourth...but still whenever I throw on "Whatever People Say I am That's what I'm not" I can't help but say great band
I don't get why so many people don't like Humbug, its far more musical than previous albums.
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
● ● ●.......● ● ●
● ● ● ● ● ● ●
● ● ● ● ● ●
● ● ● ● ● ● ●
● ● ●.......● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
I love 'Humbug', it's probably my favorite album from them and my favorite album in a long time.
Call me old fashioned but I prefer 'rock music' that has electric guitars.
Quote by Dewey Cox
The way I see it, the Arctic Monkeys peaked far to early. The first album was amazing...but since then they've kind of been on a downward spiral. The second album, whilst still good, wasn't quite as good as the first, and the third album was worse again and didn't appeal to me that much at all. To be honest I'm dreading hearing the fourth...but still whenever I throw on "Whatever People Say I am That's what I'm not" I can't help but say great band

Some bands progress musically, can't expect them to keep turning out albums of exactly the same sort of music.
Yeah but their musical progression has been shite in my opinion! Dont get me wrong, I loved the first and second album...its just with Humbug they've completely lost their edge!
One of my friends gave me their first two albums but didn't pay much attention to them, but I have been listening to them a lot more frequently now. Overhyped? Yes. Still a good band to listen to? imo yes.
I am Jimmy. I have cracked the corn and nobody cares.