On the music man website they say that the Stingray body is made out of "select hardwoods". Can someone shed their light on this subject? I know Musicman used to use slab ash when they first made the Stingray, but I'm not so sure what "select hardwoods" they are selecting now.

Thanks in advanced!
Mike
^ I thought they were all swamp ash. Or am I mistaken?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I guess one of us is going to have to bite the bullet and send Music Man an e-mail about it.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I just say ash because I've seen that from dealers more than anything else. Granted said dealers could be wrong, and body woods are subject to change, but places like Bass Emporium and Bass Northwest listing them as ash. Also, the natural finish Stingray's grain screams ash, not alder.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Fly-By-Night
Transparent finishes use mostly ash while the solid colors use mostly alder

That is correct. And yes I have that from EB.
okay so right now I'm testing a solid red bass, but lets say if I order a honeyburst bass I might get a slightly different tone?
According to an e-mail from Music Man received today, all of the Stingrays are currently made of Ash.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Ledhead82048
okay so right now I'm testing a solid red bass, but lets say if I order a honeyburst bass I might get a slightly different tone?

Yes but with the preamp on the bass you can easily minimalism that difference.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!