Well pretty much I don't know anything at all about guitars but I wanna learn really bad and I got an electric guitar from my generous friend so I was wondering if you guys know which songs are good for begginers or websites or parts in this site(be specific) that can help me. I can play some intros but only like Iron Man by Black Sabbath and The intro melody of Enter Sandman by Metallica. Please help! Fellow rocker in dire need
Glad to see you're admitting to your noob status.
But, the good songs to start off playing are the songs you like.
Depending on what they are, some may be easy, some may be hard.
Just find songs that interest you and get to work on them.
UG is a great place to look for tabs.

I remember my first few guitar songs were Master of Puppets by Metallica, The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson, 46&2 by Tool, Breed by Nirvana, and Suite-Pee by System of a Down. Just to name a few. Not exactly suggesting those, but honestly, if you're committing to playing and learn these songs, you're going to succeed.
You take various sized pots and pans, 2 wooden spatulas, sit yourself down on the ground, arrange said pots and pans around you, put on some music, and become the best drummer your kitchen has ever seen.
Well I really wanna learn Iron Man since I already started and Enter Sandman but like my amp is small and cheap and I won't be able to afford a distortion pedal or better amp for a while >.<
Most guitars have a volume knob, and I assume yours does as well.
You can rolls that back until you reach a 'clean' sound for those calmer parts in Sandman.
It won't be a quick or clean tone transition, but it'll get you by just fine.

Just work hard, and stay focused.
You'll get everything in time.
You take various sized pots and pans, 2 wooden spatulas, sit yourself down on the ground, arrange said pots and pans around you, put on some music, and become the best drummer your kitchen has ever seen.
i started out with rage against the machine. simple riffs that sound really cool and funky, kept me interested in guitar. good starting point for getting into those single-note metal riffs.

don't go out and spend too much on guitar stuff until you know you'll make it worth the money. the better you get with your current equipment, the better you'll be able to appreciate any newer gear you get.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Dude, if thats what your'e into, Metallica is a great place to start. But you gotta learn their easier songs first: For Whom The Bell Tolls, The intro or verse riff to One, Seek and Destroy (without the solo), and Enter Sandman.
My Gear:
Schecter Damien Solo Elite
Vox Valvetronix VT40 Combo Amp
Vox VFS5 5 Button Footswitch
First 6 months all I could do was really look up songs and just play sections of songs i liked, about 2 motnhs later I was finally able to start playing songs the whole way along to mp3s not well but alright

Been playing a year now and have about 5 videos up on youtube, They're not brilliant but they're alright.
My first riffs were santeria by sublime, come as you are and smells like teen sprit by nirvana, fade to black by metalica, sugar by system of a down, kryptonite by 3 doors down, and smoke on the water by deep purple.
These were the riffs my guitar teacher sent me home with after my first lesson and it only took about a week to learn them all, I had the most trouble getting fade to black and santeria down right.