So I've been to a guitar store and started testing pretty much anything I could pick up.

I came to the conclusion that:

So what I went with is:

Epiphone SG Special.

So much better than everything else I tried.
        The Gibson SGs are nothing compared to this.
        They all had scratches and the inlays didn't look 100% right.
        Also, this has a bolt on neck, so if the neck breaks I can just replace it, if the Gibson's neck breaks I can throw it away. Furthermore screws can hold stuff much better in place than glue, so the build quality is better on this one.
        I should also mention that I could buy 10 of these for the price of a Gibson.
        I agree with all you guys who say Epiphone produces much better instruments than Gibson, it's true. The Gibson didn't even sound better than this one through the halfstack I was plugged into.
        The only thing that Gibson had was 2 additional knobs, but are 2 knobs worth all the money? I don't think so + Epiphone also produces an SG with all those controls and I'm pretty sure that it's going to be my next guitar.
        Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
        Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
        Yamaha THR10X
        Marshall JCM900 SL-X
        Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
        TC Electronic Polytune
        Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
        "Gibson sucks
        Fender is for old people
        Schecter was teh br00talz, but out of my price range"
        lol?
        HNGD
        [quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
        Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
        Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
        Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
        Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
        Hey I built a guitar
        Quote by JesusCrisp
        They all had scratches and the inlays didn't look 100% right.
        Also, this has a bolt on neck, so if the neck breaks I can just replace it, if the Gibson's neck breaks I can throw it away. Furthermore screws can hold stuff much better in place than glue, so the build quality is better on this one

you sir are the epitome of epic fail.
        I've got one, its my main guitar as I'm currently saving, its awesome, the best guitar in its price range, its better than most guitars around, say 350 GBP, my mate has the g310 as his school guitar, mine is 10 times better, it goes out of tune a bit but i fixed that with new strings and pencil lead in the nut slots, it stays perfectly in tune through pretty much anything now, I do think epiphones are hit or miss though, I got a good one, try it before you buy if you get an epi, if you like it, make sure you buy that exact one, I do rather like mine
        Gear
        Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
        I like the grain on it. HNGD.
        Gear!
        Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
        B.C. Rich KKV
        Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
        Quote by GandalfWh1te
        you sir are the epitome of epic fail.

HNGD!

Last edited by archenemyfan at Sep 3, 2010,
        Quote by bigman123
        I've got one, its my main guitar as I'm currently saving, its awesome, the best guitar in its price range, its better than most guitars around, say 350 GBP, my mate has the g310 as his school guitar, mine is 10 times better, it goes out of tune a bit but i fixed that with new strings and pencil lead in the nut slots, it stays perfectly in tune through pretty much anything now, I do think epiphones are hit or miss though, I got a good one, try it before you buy if you get an epi, if you like it, make sure you buy that exact one, I do rather like mine

It beats guitars up to £350? Are you joking?
        You can get a hell of a guitar for £350 new or used, just because you like the way it plays doesn't make it technically a good guitar, I'm sure once you've played for a few years you're going to want to upgrade to something with better pickups/wiring/machineheads, hell you're probably just going to buy a new guitar.
        Quote by xharass_natox
        It beats guitars up to £350? Are you joking?
        You can get a hell of a guitar for £350 new or used, just because you like the way it plays doesn't make it technically a good guitar, I'm sure once you've played for a few years you're going to want to upgrade to something with better pickups/wiring/machineheads, hell you're probably just going to buy a new guitar.

I do beleive it is just as good as most guitars in that range, and yeah, I'm getting a new guitar, because it's not the best guitar in the world, but it is a very very good guitar for the money, and I'm not saying its better that every guitar in the 350 range, because there's no way it's better that the washburn x50 pro for example
        Gear
        Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
        Yeah, he's trolling alright, and you have all been trolled
        Orange Enthousiast.
        troll is trollolololing?

also, loving the comparisons, that was good stuff XD
        i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
        Member of the Laney Cult
        Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
        Age Of Empires Trololo

Quote by a_hub10
        I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
        You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!