I will be looking to buy a new guitar at the beginning of next year. Now, recently I played a LTD SC607B. I liked it very much, however it will likely be out of my price range. I went searching on the ESP website and the only LTD that seemed right for me was the LTD MH417. However I was wondering if anyone has played both guitars (as no guitar shops near me stock MH417s) and could tell me how they compare, as I noticed that the MH417 has a 25.5" scale as opposed to the 27" scale on the SC607B. Any help is greatly appreciated!
LTD Hex-7
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
the 417 is a great guitar and plays very very well.

you wont get a Hex7, there is only 3 of them floating around in the UK.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
the 417 is a great guitar and plays very very well.

you wont get a Hex7, there is only 3 of them floating around in the UK.

I just with there was a 1000 series 7 string, at the moment interested in the LTD H1001 and the MH417. However I'm worried the MH417 will be a bad decision and the quality will be noticably worse, also I can get the H1001 for cheaper atm
go for the Stephen Carpenter sig. It's simple a nice guitar!

also, personally I would chose a 27" scale neck over a 25.5" scale neck ANY DAY! The longer scale compliments the thicker 7th string wonderfully and gives a better overall feeling when playing. I currently own a 25.5" scale 7string and a 26.5" scale 7string, and I prefer playing on the 26.5"! ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by metalriff735
How does the quality of the LTD standard 401 series compare to the LTD signatures (600 series)? This is basically what I'm wandering, because I'm considering buying an MH417

401 series and 600 series are pretty much the same. 600 just means it's a sig model.
I used to own a LTD AL-600, it was pretty good, but the fretwork wasn't that great.

The MH417 is really good from what I've heard, I've only played a MH1000 though. It's a small step down from the Deluxe series, but the only real difference is inlays and hardware.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by metalriff735
So how does the Schecter 7 string neck compare to the ESP 7 string neck?

as I recall they are pretty much alike - not super thin nor baseball bat thick (like Gibson LP's). In reality the ESP might have a slightly thinner neck, but it could be a difference in the neck shape that tricked me to think that.
Also, my Schecter is a Loomis signature, and I heard a rumor somewhere that it has a special neck that have been sculpted thinner than fx. the Hellraiser guitars, but I don't know if this is true. It's been a long time since I last hold a C7 Hellraiser.

hope that was useful? ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
I've heard a lot about the MH-417 on other forums and it has been getting great reviews from the people that have purchased them! Quality-wise the guitar seems to be good as well from what i've heard :-)

You COULD always purchase the H-1001 (awesome guitar btw) and put it in Drop B or perhaps even B standard without the high E?

Schecter's tend to have thicker necks than LTD's. If you find the Schecter's comfortable then going for a Schecter 7 string isn't a bad idea either :-)
Well when I was playing the Schecter Hellraiser (6 string) and the LTD H1001 I thought the Schecter neck was a tad thicker, but also not quite as wide as LTD neck. I'm not sure if this is true for the 7 string necks though. I think I might ask my local guitar shop if they could order the 7 strings in for me to try out
Quote by metalriff735
Well when I was playing the Schecter Hellraiser (6 string) and the LTD H1001 I thought the Schecter neck was a tad thicker, but also not quite as wide as LTD neck. I'm not sure if this is true for the 7 string necks though. I think I might ask my local guitar shop if they could order the 7 strings in for me to try out

that's a good place to start, yes.