I'm looking for a plain text editor which has some "faux" rich text features. Mainly I need a program which will align text (centred, justified, etc.) and will conform to a horizontal character limit. I know that proper alignment isn't possible in plain text, but in my tabs I tend to centre the tab information/credits by simply tapping the space bar a lot of times to make each line seem somewhat centred [example]. This is difficult to do effectively just by sight alone and it also takes quite a while, which is why I need a program which will do it for me and will compensate for odd word lengths, and will also centre the text in accordance with a predefined character limit (80 characters, to be exact). Does such a program exist?

Cheers!
If you are saying what I think you are, then what you want is Notepad [Or Microsoft Word]
then use the font "Courier New" and it will have the monotype alignment similar to the UG site's.
Quote by Sivalion31
If you are saying what I think you are, then what you want is Notepad [Or Microsoft Word]
then use the font "Courier New" and it will have the monotype alignment similar to the UG site's.
Thanks for the reply

I need something which will automatically centre text on the page but will use space bar hits to achieve it, so that the centred text will remain centred in plain text, such as that found in Notepad. If I centre text in Word then copy and paste it into Notepad the text just becomes left-aligned. This is because of the way the text is centred in rich text formats. So, I need a Notepad-like program which will "fake" the centre alignment using spaces.

It's difficult to describe haha.

Cheers mate.
Last edited by paddyirishman at Sep 5, 2010,