So I was wondering if anyone has seen an album specific gig that all tommorows parties put on? Like when the Stooges played "raw power" in its entirety recently or Spiritualized with "ladies and gentlemen...".

The reason is I brought tickets today to see the Flaming Lips play the soft bulletin and it's my first time seeing them, it's a great album but I was wondering if it was usual for these gigs for the band to do a greatest hits encore or something? I'd love to see them play some of their other songs live and the soft bulletin is under an hour long.
Quote by kaptink
So I was wondering if anyone has seen an album specific gig that all tommorows parties put on? Like when the Stooges played "raw power" in its entirety recently or Spiritualized with "ladies and gentlemen...".

The reason is I brought tickets today to see the Flaming Lips play the soft bulletin and it's my first time seeing them, it's a great album but I was wondering if it was usual for these gigs for the band to do a greatest hits encore or something? I'd love to see them play some of their other songs live and the soft bulletin is under an hour long.

I can imagine them maybe playing a couple other crowd favourites as an encore, the few bands I know that play album-gigs usually follow up with their other songs.
has a terrible signature.
Biffy Clyro used to do it on the release night of their albums. They didn't play any other material AFAIK
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
I saw Waters do The Darkside of the Moon and he played that, Wish you were here in full, and about another hour or more of random songs. So ya, if the album's under an hour Im sure they'll do something else too.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Megadeth have been doing their Rust In Peace in it's entirety.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Iron Maiden played the whole A Matter of Life and Death album on that tour.
They pulled it off though...
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
hmm, seems like I have a good chance then. Dinosaur Jr are also playing bug in its entirety but I've seen them play all their hits before so it's quite a nice change
*flame shield*

MCR played all of 'The Black Parade' during their world tour. Then 8 songs from previous albums.

I used to be a HUGE MCR fan.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by SFosterS
I saw Waters do The Darkside of the Moon and he played that, Wish you were here in full, and about another hour or more of random songs. So ya, if the album's under an hour Im sure they'll do something else too.

^fucking rad show... I'm seeing him do The Wall in October. I can't wait.

I also just saw Rush and for their second set they played Moving Pictures front to back which was not as awesome as Dark Side, but still quite amazing in itself.
Between the Buried and Me did Colours, then a couple of hits.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
I saw coheed and cambria on their "neverender" tour where they played four albums from start to finish on four consecutive nights, after the albums they played select songs, covers and b sides.
Quote by Getpsycho
I saw coheed and cambria on their "neverender" tour where they played four albums from start to finish on four consecutive nights, after the albums they played select songs, covers and b sides.

I simultaneously envy and hate you.
Quote by kaptink

SO JEALOUS

OT: I saw the Decemberists play The Hazards Of Love completely, then they came back out and played other stuff. The F'Lips should do the same.

You're in for an awesome show
At Crue Fest 1, Motley Crue played Dr. Feelgood from start to finish to celebrate its 20th anniversary.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I think it's a great Idea for bands to do this.

With the invention and subsequent popularization of digital media, kids typically aren't buying (or acquiring...cough) full albums anymore. There are exceptions of course, but for the most part the consumer mindset has moved back towards singles as apposed to albums.

As for me, I prefer to listen to entire albums,which is why it is cool that these types of performances are becoming popular.

Lou Reed performed his 1973' album "Berlin" in it's entirety a few years ago.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
I've heard that when the lips were playing all of DSOTM live, they'd do normal length sets, and close with it.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I saw Metallica in Dublin on the 20th anniversary of Master Of Puppets. They played the album in its entirety and then did an entire gig worth of other material including Whiskey In The Jar. Greatest...gig...ever.

I also hear that Devin Townsend is planning on turning Ziltoid The Omniscient into a musical. Id pay to see that.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Last edited by Zolom at Sep 3, 2010,
Queensrche - Mindcrime in it's entireity

Queensryche - Mindcrime 1 and 2 in thier entireity
Quote by SFosterS

I saw that tour. Was a great show.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by MH400
*flame shield*

MCR played all of 'The Black Parade' during their world tour. Then 8 songs from previous albums.

I used to be a HUGE MCR fan.

When I saw them they did the same thing, but only songs from their 2nd album, nothing from the 1st (my favorite )
Just saw Rush on the Time Machine Tour playing Moving Pictures- AWESOME!
Also saw Porcupine Tree last year play the Incident.

Two of my favorite shows I've been to.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
When I saw MGMT the first time they announced that they would be playing all of Oracular Spectacular before they began. During the encore they played songs that were unreleased at the time (Congratulations, It's Working, Song For Dan Treacy) and Destrokk. So I'm pretty sure The Flaming Lips will play other stuff as well. Is the show you are going to see with Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti?
When I saw G N' R in January, the played all of Appetite and all of Chinese Democracy.

Was an excellent show, despite a lack of Slash.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.