Page 1 of 2
UG REMIX ALBUM

I thought it'd be really cool to do a remix album, since I've already heard a LOT of good remixes from UGers. Basically I'd like the album to have tracks with studio vocals we added music too. Original parts of the music can be used, but I'd like it to be mostly original music.

If you don't want to use a studio acapella, and would rather do the vocals yourself or have someone else do them, it's cool, just as long as the lyrics aren't changed. Original studio tracks are preferred (by me) though.

I have a pretty decent collection:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/stratkat/blog/84838/
Everything from lady gaga, to A7X, slipknot, and MSI.
If there's an acapella you really want I can try to find it, but unless you've heard it remixed, or used in other songs, the vocal track probably doesn't exist online.

The remix can be any genre, so get creative. I imagine a lot of the album will be electronic. It could be a lot of fun since I doubt many UGer's haven't tried working with professional acapella tracks.

Though cuz of the high usage of studio acapellas that'd be used for this album, it might not be for download, but released on a band profile page. I mean there was a cover album, so idk, enlighten me on copyright issues and these albums.

When you submit upload it to media fire or anywhere else I can download it, and post a link.

Due date will probably be Oct 1st, I don't want to have to extend it. If yours isn't in on time, I'll accept it late if you signed up and add it to the profile page. If it's for download i'll update it to include yours, but being late will hurt your chances of it being heard.

Collabing is fine.

Submit as many as you want, though if it's more then 3, i'll probably pick which 3 I like most.

If anyone needs advice or help, I'll give advice/help to the best of my ability. I can do my best to help find chord progressions, scales, bpms etc.

Participants:

1) stratkat - Power of Pleasure (dj carpi) - Love Game (lady gaga)
2)Aaron!! - Chasing Cars (snow patrol)
3)Holy Katana
4) TheReverend724 - Straight to Video (msi)
5) NothingRocks - Flag in the Ground
6)mental_zer0
7) SmElLy KiD
8)boreamor
9)FrustratedRocka
10)SteveHouse
11)muffinduck01
12)afterthewar

red=submitted

(List the song you're remixing, I don't need 20 lady gaga remixes)
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 4, 2010,
^thanks, i really hope this works.

Here's an example of the dj carpi remix I did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTifpl8qIzg - my remix

vs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd7MKppr2Zs&feature=related- the original

And found a version that starts out with acoustic guitar chords that sounds pretty:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haKMzXP3JIs
(since this is a guitar site, and I'm encouraging genre diversity.)
just to get the ball rolling.
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by stratkat
^thanks, i really hope this works.

Here's an example of the dj carpi remix I did:

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Will probs have a listen to this when its done, best remix i have heard is Prodigy - Invaders Must Die (Chase & Status remix)
TS, you should ask The_Madcap, he has some cool mixes and would probably love to join in.
Quote by captaincrunk
Count me out. That due date is scary close.

If that's the issue i'll extend it by a week.

I could pump out 5 of these in that time>>
The most a remix has ever taken me is 2 days.

Then again I have no responsibilities, and it's almost all I do for fun.

Edit extended it to oct 1st, that gives everyone almost a month.

Quote by JacobTheMe
TS, you should ask The_Madcap, he has some cool mixes and would probably love to join in.

I've heard his MIA remix, pretty cool:]
I hope he participates.
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 3, 2010,
Im down.

Put me up for Snow Patrol Chasing Cars, I've been working on a little remix for a while now.
By the way, If anyone needs any help or anything, I'm more than happy to give a shot, so feel free to ask

Also, come on people, we need more willing bodies!
Do you have a website where you can get the individual parts? Not just the acapelle vocals, but the synths, hooks, etc? If so could you see if there's one for Poker Face - Lady Gaga or California Gurls - Katy Perry.

Edit:

That due date is okay for you Stratkat, but I'm currently getting ready for uni in a few weeks and that's taking my time up. I'd be ready to extend that due date :P
Last edited by boreamor at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by boreamor
Do you have a website where you can get the individual parts? Not just the acapelle vocals, but the synths, hooks, etc? If so could you see if there's one for Poker Face - Lady Gaga?

I can't think of any place where you could get specific hooks and synths, but thats the fun of re-mixing, seeing if you can make it your own, through different sounds and styles.

If anyone is interested in acapella vocal tracks too, this site usually has some alright stuff, but it can be a case of weeding through mountains of shit occasionally. Definitely worth a look though, they have loads of songs.

http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/
Quote by TheReverend724
Mash Wu and Of Montreal

This idea, I like.

Wraith Pinned to the C.R.E.A.M. and Other Games.
I'll definitely do something for this. I'll post later with a confirmed idea.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Are mashups okay? I've got a couple cool ones finished and one in development...

Sid van Riel vs. FloRida - Right Round 314 MTL
Chris Lake & Michael Woods vs. Wippenberg - Dominoster (that's Dominos and Drumster)
Motorcycle vs. Andy Moor ft Carrie Skipper - She Moves as the Rush Comes
Rhythm Republic v Marshall Jackson vs. Joey Modus & Kazell - Move Your Slack Jaw (in progress)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'm in! I've been running low on ideas lately, maybe this will reinspire me!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Pokerface? I haven't even seen her face!

olololololo

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Duffman123
I would love to do a remix, if only I knew how too...

My favourite remix is probably this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loIVI6UB_ho

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83bsGmLUIzE

You need a DAW (digital audio workstation), and, at the very least, a studio acapella. Ideally, you'd want separate files of every track, or a DAW project file (like an Ableton Live Set) containing all the tracks, but that's almost impossible to find unless you actually contact the artist. A rare exception is Nine Inch Nails, who have an entire site devoted to remixing where you can download a bunch of multitracks of their songs in several formats. This is because Trent is awesome.

But an acapella will do, even though you won't be able to incorporate any of the original instruments into your remix.
Id like to participate. have a few ideas for songs to do, and what ever I do, it'll be orchestrated.

Ill mull it over and post what song im doing in a bit.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I'm gonna try. I've never done a remix before, but what the hell. I think I'm gonna try to remix a Blondie song.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
I'll do a Nine Inch Nails track - either Letting You or The Hand That Feeds.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by SteveHouse
Are mashups okay? I've got a couple cool ones finished and one in development...

Sid van Riel vs. FloRida - Right Round 314 MTL
Chris Lake & Michael Woods vs. Wippenberg - Dominoster (that's Dominos and Drumster)
Motorcycle vs. Andy Moor ft Carrie Skipper - She Moves as the Rush Comes
Rhythm Republic v Marshall Jackson vs. Joey Modus & Kazell - Move Your Slack Jaw (in progress)

I hadn't thought about mashups.

I don't see why we couldn't have a mash or two.

So yeah.
Quote by stratkat
I hadn't thought about mashups.

I don't see why we couldn't have a mash or two.

So yeah.

Cool. I'll send them your way once I finish Move Your Slack Jaw. Shit's cash.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Bump for a really cool idea

I'd contribute, but you know how shite I am at finishing stuff.

stratkat
If you guys are looking for a huge resource for multitracks, there's always the newer Guitar Hero and the Rock Band games, where all the songs are separated by vocals, drums, bass, and guitar. All of them can be found at this other forum that's probably illegal to link to (also you have to register to actually download anything), so if you have any requests, I can post a link to it. Here's a link to the first tier of Rock Band 1 if you want to see how it would look.

And this is a mashup I did of Stockholm Syndrome by Muse and The Hand That Feeds by Nine Inch Nails a while back if you guys are interested.
Just posting to confirm that I'll be doing The Hand That Feeds.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

Either tomorrow (if the Internet hates me) or later today I'm submitting three mashups. Decided Right Round 314 MTL kinda sucks, so it's the other three. I'm partial to Move Your Slack Jaw, but the others you can include or not.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Page 1 of 2