Hello UG community. I have an Ibanez RG-548 Japanese made guitar and i feel the need to buy a new axe. I 'm beetween two guitars, the Jackson Demmelition V and the Jackson KV2T King V USA guitar. The question is: buy the Demmelition with less money or wait a little bit more and buy the KV2T? Does the price difference means that there is a big difference beetween them? Does the Demmelition losses much quality in front of the KV2T USA guitar???
I'd take the King V. Both are great guitars, but if you buy a signature, you pay quite a bit just for the artist's name, whereas you just pay for quality when you buy the "normal" Jackson.
i 'll consider it. Tommorow i 'm going to test the Demmelition and see how its feels to my hands...If i am lucky, i'll test both guitars but i don't think that the store i'm going has a King V. Anyways
Quote by DarkValo666
I'd take the King V. Both are great guitars, but if you buy a signature, you pay quite a bit just for the artist's name, whereas you just pay for quality when you buy the "normal" Jackson.

I agree with this guy, Both my friends have a custom.
The Syn Custom, and the KH202, Both of which I don't think are as good as my ML or my friend's cheaper Ibanez.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
The Demmelition has a floyd and the KV2T doesn't. If you want a floating trem then you would be referring to the KV2. If you didn't then it's an obvious choice of the KV2T over the Demmelition.

In terms of differences on paper the only major changes are with the shape being slightly different and the KV2 having Seymour Duncans instead of EMGs like on the Demmelition. The Seymour Duncans will be ever so slightly more versitile than EMGs and EMGs aren't always everyones cup of tea, if you play a lot of metal they are great but sometimes can limit your sound if your rig is small. I don't know how much each is going for but if the Demmelition is cheaper and you're certainly not being ripped off.

I'd say try the Demmelition and if you like it you should go for it.
Quote by Nameless742
I agree with this guy, Both my friends have a custom.
The Syn Custom, and the KH202, Both of which I don't think are as good as my ML or my friend's cheaper Ibanez.

The Syn standard isn't great valvue for the money but the Syn Custom is very nice & i know people who would swear by it being a great guitar. The KH202 is known to be a piece of crap with an artists name on it to bump up the price.

It's down to personal preference mind you.

EDIT: If you want decent value for money you need only look at the MTM2 & MBM2 from Ibanez. Lower end models of signatures, last time i checked they were ~£400 which in terms of other guitars for the money would be hard to beat.
Last edited by Shabalaba at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by Shabalaba
The Demmelition has a floyd and the KV2T doesn't. If you want a floating trem then you would be referring to the KV2. If you didn't then it's an obvious choice of the KV2T over the Demmelition.

In terms of differences on paper the only major changes are with the shape being slightly different and the KV2 having Seymour Duncans instead of EMGs like on the Demmelition. The Seymour Duncans will be ever so slightly more versitile than EMGs and EMGs aren't always everyones cup of tea, if you play a lot of metal they are great but sometimes can limit your sound if your rig is small. I don't know how much each is going for but if the Demmelition is cheaper and you're certainly not being ripped off.

I'd say try the Demmelition and if you like it you should go for it.

wrong

demmelition is part of the japanese pro line

the KV2T is a USA model

so,the KV2T is much better

the demmelition is one of the worst looking guitars to come out of the jackson factory
Quote by archenemyfan
wrong

demmelition is part of the japanese pro line

the KV2T is a USA model

so,the KV2T is much better

the demmelition is one of the worst looking guitars to come out of the jackson factory

That's based on personal preference, I think the Demmelition has a great shape including the cut outs, if you're going to go ahead and say how crap you think something is/looks then atleast mention it's your own opinion, also, yes the KV2T is a USA model, it's based on specs on which one someone would go for IMO, the KV2Ts have a 24.75 scale length while the demmel (along with the standard KV2) have a 25.5 scale length, the Demmel has an OFR installed while the KV2T is string through, so if he wanted a longer scale and an OFR it would be wise to go for the Demmel, if he wanted to change tunings with ease and wanted a shorter scale length then it would be wise to go with the KV2T.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
^ if he wanted a 25.5 scale length and a FR,it'd be much wise to get a KV5fr or a USA kv2,as the demmelition is overprice for what it is.it's really stupidly priced that it kinda falls no where In the grid,to pricey to be a pro and too low in quality to be a top of the line USA model

i assume you haven't seen it in person..I used to like it until I actually saw it..it looks meh

BTW I'm typing with my iPod so so many speling and grammer
mistakes ...sorry
Last edited by archenemyfan at Sep 3, 2010,
Since you probably can't play both, play the one that you can, and if you like it a lot, take it. But, if there is something you don't like about it, don't settle for it and buy it.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by archenemyfan
^ if he wanted a 25.5 scale length and a FR,it'd be much wise to get a KV5fr or a USA kv2,as the demmelition is overprice for what it is.it's really stupidly priced that it kinda falls no where In the grid,to pricey to be a pro and too low in quality to be a top of the line USA model

i assume you haven't seen it in person..I used to like it until I actually saw it..it looks meh

BTW I'm typing with my iPod so so many speling and grammer
mistakes ...sorry

Fair enough man, I can understand the iPod situation, they're bloody annoying when it comes to posting on forums, last time I checked the KV5FR was actually the around the same price as the Dem, if not then a bit more expensive, I think it has a pretty standard price tag for it's features unless I keep finding bargains, although I would pick a KV5FR in Snow white w/Black bevels over the Dem anyday, so I guess you have a good point there.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.